Scubapro Hooded Vest & Rubber Cement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My girlfriend bought a scubapro hooded vest from our LDS. The guy told us to trim the face some with sharp sissors then apply rubber cement to keep it from coming apart. Is this the best way to do this? Any suggestions from experience?

av8er23:
My girlfriend bought a scubapro hooded vest from our LDS. The guy told us to trim the face some with sharp sissors then apply rubber cement to keep it from coming apart. Is this the best way to do this? Any suggestions from experience?

I too had just purchased a Scubapro hooded vest and might have to trim it somewhat. Would definitely love to hear what others have to say. Thanks in advance!

av8er23:

I've trimmed more than one hood and what you want to avoid is "nicks" and "cuts" that when stretched will rip. If you make the cut nice and smooth you should not have a problem. When I did have a nick or cut I covered it with a small piece of ... duct tape :D

av8er23:
Duct Tape?

Is that a joke...did you not apply any rubber cement or sew it?

No, it's not a joke. Nor did I rubber cement or sew it. I was careful when I cut it to not leave nicks in the material.

Back
Top Bottom