SCUBAPRO G260 upgrades from G250?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlyStrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a '92 MK10/G250 in excellent condition.
I have a bug to buy a new regulator and staying with SCUBAPRO.
Thinking about the MK25/G260.
How do these two compare?
Does the G260 feel heavy underwater?
Does it breathe easier?
Can it take the cold water better?
Anything else?
Thanks.

There is no practical difference between a G250 and a G260.
Only when servicing, the G260 has the capability of tuning separately the position of the orifice and the position of the lever.
As I like standardisation of the equipment one employs, I would suggest to get another G250, if you are as lucky as @axxel57, who just did find one completely new: 'Brand New' G250 without G250 Decal?

Aside from being broken, there isn't a significant reason to make a change from the G250 to the G260. If you have the personal want, then go buy one. I truly doubt you will notice a difference. If you can, I'd suspect a poor tuning effort.

Your money....

I believe the G260 is likely one of the best regulators SP makes. It’s smaller than a 250 bye little bit, much easier to tune to perfection, not heavy underwater, they all handle cold water fine. I’m not a fan of the Mk25 because it’s a bit more trouble to properly maintain, performance is outstanding. I like the MK17 more but it’s hard to eat a mk25.

After servicing and diving with both the Mk10/G250 and Mk25EVO/G260 I can say the latter is an improvement over the former. The 260 can be more finely tuned to make it breathe easier if one desires. When it comes to cold water, the Mk25EVO/G260 is, by far, the much better option.

The Mk25 is no more difficult or easier to maintain than any other first stage. Regardless of what kind of reg you have be sure to rinse, store, and take care of it properly. I can attest to this after living in the tropics and diving day after day, and living in the mountains diving cold mountain lakes year around.

Yes. Easier to fine tune, with the G250 et al you're at the mercy of multiple components working together just right and a smile from Poseidon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom