Scubapro G200B manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Was there ever a manual for servicing a G200 B. I have the diagrams but no manuals.

I just looked through my stuff and didn't find anything. Is there something in particular you want to find out, or just curious to see the manual? I suspect you already know that the G200B is exactly the same as the old version of the G250 except with a shorter air barrel and of course no adjustment knob/shaft.

Yes I know that, I wanted to make sure I was disassembling it correctly. However I do have a question. I removed the viva vane and found the o-ring is bonded to the vane. Have you ever come across this? If so, how did you remove it?

This reg is strange. It has the new duro poppet with two o-rings but still has the old red o-rings in it.

Vintage Double Hose has a G200B service manual, in the Scubapro Technical Service Manual Volume 1 folder.

Yes I know that, I wanted to make sure I was disassembling it correctly. However I do have a question. I removed the viva vane and found the o-ring is bonded to the vane. Have you ever come across this? If so, how did you remove it?

This reg is strange. It has the new duro poppet with two o-rings but still has the old red o-rings in it.

Just pick it off carefully with a brass O-Ring pick.

Your VIVA vane held by a C-Clip?

Vintage Double Hose has a G200B service manual, in the Scubapro Technical Service Manual Volume 1 folder.

Thanks found it. I was looking under the second stages.

Just pick it off carefully with a brass O-Ring pick.

Your VIVA vane held by a C-Clip?

Rusty, the o-ring is hard and has become a part of the vane. I did not want to get too aggressive because it is a sealing surface.

I recently repaired one like that on an old 250. It was the vane held by a circ-clip. It was an old high-duro oring that was almost plastic with age. Smashed into the groove. I carefully coaxed the pieces out with a brass oring pick.

The oring in the VDH kit was too big to replace it but a good used piston stem oring from a MK-2 was hard enough, fit like a glove and sealed perfect. I keep old orings that are still good.

Either VDH sent the wrong oring or Scubapro has more than one size. The provided was too large diameter.

And I had to dig it out with an oring pick. Carefully dig. The oring wont survive. It’s toast. Protect the VIVA vane, screw the old o ring. Just make sure you have a spare to replace it.

Scuba pro had no rhyme or reason. Also did it in on a R-190 at the same time and it had a 70 duro O-ring on the VIVA vane for it and that the vane was not retained by a cir-clip. It had a clip that limited rotation. Why they didn’t use the same vane for both regs and minimize parts astounds me. I suspect they at least did for the 200. The 250 one was 85 or 90 duro. Supposed to resist turning easily I suppose.

Certainly you mean the new S-wing poppet. The Duro poppet fits the unbalanced G200 and requires no o-rings.

@Rusty Shackleford is correct, the VIVA o-ring is a -008 same as a MK2/3/200 piston stem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom