ScubaPro Evertect Drysuit size question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trippysmurf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So being anew diver to the Pacific Northwest here soon i decided on buying a ScubaPro evertec with the polar shell garments for extra warmth. However when i did the measurements i was pretty much in medium range cept for slightly overweight(too many taco shops). Now with my plans of doing as many dives as possible figured out should it not be an issue for size fits as diving would i assume help me lose those extra few pounds yeah? Thank you for the info

Don't drop coin on the suit until you're sure you'll fit in it with the undergarments. Last thing you want to do is spend $1000+ on a suit to find out it doesn't fit because you didn't lose the weight you plan on.

I'm 25 lbs. heavier than I should be. I'm not buying my new drysuit until I get down to where I want to be. I don't want a suit that will fit this current body as it will be baggy, but I don't want to buy the size I should be because the last time I tried losing the weight, life got in the way.

Buy the suit to fit the body you have, not the body you want.

And use that suit to keep you in shape. Don't want to grow out of a $1000 suit.

well all my measurements were good for a medium size cept weight pretty much.

well all my measurements were good for a medium size cept weight pretty much.
Mine too, but it's $1500 riding on losing that weight.

Lose the weight, THEN reward yourself with the new drysuit, just in case it doesn't work out.

So there's good news after all. Finally had a chance to demo the EverTec.

According to the size charts, I'm 10 lbs. too heavy for the large, but dove it yesterday and it fit great.

The EverTec is a little bit on the baggy side, so you might be able to squeeze into it.

FWIW, I recently dove a White's Fusion drysuit (a Bullet to be exact, but what I'll say is true of all of them). If you haven't looked at them yet, you might do that. The new patented technology the Fusion uses is the principle that a several sizes too big drysuit is on the inside, and then a lycra outer shell sucks that several sizes too big suit to the shape of your body.

It means two things:

1) A custom built streamlined look on a variety of body shapes with an off-the-rack priced drysuit (the Fusion One is $999 with undergarments and boots until Aug 31st)

2) It allows you to put on a few pounds or lose a few, and the darned thing will still fit you. I am a 5'9" 190lbs male, and my wife is 5'7" 160" and we were in the same drysuit size. It looked like it was custom made for both of us. That's a 30 lbs difference!

Checking for drysuit fit is a three step process. Range of motion test is key. Hand in front of nose reaching straight over head past shoulders. Simulating putting fins on. Laying on floor with arms out and knees bent.

1. Range of motion check with thin wicking layer on
2. Range of motion check with undergarment (heaviest you would wear for your environment) on
3. Range of motion check with Drysuit & undergarment on

You should have the same "Range of motion" every step along the way and not be restricted in the suit. I just had a girl in my wreck class with a SP drysuit and she is getting cold. Reason being, she is wearing too light of an undergarment because she can't fit the right (thicker undergarment) one on under the suit due to range of motion. This is now an expensive mistake. Second thing to look at on a drysuit is valve placement. Should be outside of bicep not the top! This is a big proplem with a lot of the suits on the market today.

For proper fit, I would try one on in a shop if you can.

Great advice Wayne, thanks for taking the time to write it up.

but can you dive with the little extra weight in the medium since the large would be too big
It sounds like you already have the suit? The medium Scubapro EverTec might be fine. You may need to go w/ a Large Polar Shell. Please note the Polar Shell is a very thick undergarment, so you may need to go large on the drysuit.

If you already own it and can't exchange it, then just workout in the drysuit & you will lose weight. Warning: Stay hydrated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom