Scubapro Everdry4 Thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking at getting a new Drysuit, and am looking at getting the Scubapro Everdry4. I am also open to suggestions on other drysuits.

I dive mostly in Minnesota, mostly in Lake Superior so am looking at temps between 38-48 most of the dive season. Mostly wrecks, anywhere between 40'-130'. Currently diving with a Zeagle Ranger, with steel HP 100CF tank. Looking to start doing more Tech diving and training in the next year or so if that changes people suggestions also.

Thanks for your suggestions and reviews

If your gonna start tech training, you will need an entirely different set of gear for that kind of diving anyway. For recreational diving, neoprene suits like the Everdry 4 are awesome. I really like that suit and have done a bunch of diving with one in cold water. My complaints are very basic/easy to fix things. I don't like neoprene neck seals as they can leak with a lot of head movement and I also don't like brass zippers. You always need someone to zip up the suit and the zipper always gets caught in the underwear. But its a cheap suit and it does appear to be pretty durable.

I personally decided not to buy one after doing many dives due to those issues and went to seasoft instead. The TX3 is a MUCH better suit and because they're all custom made, you can get it with latex neck seal (preferred) and have the dry glove system installed from the factory. Its a bit more money then the Scubapro suit, but its self donning, fits better and in my view, is a higher quality suit.

For technical diving, especially penetration/restricted ceiling situations, I highly recommend a trilam suit. They are a bit safer for that kind of diving because you may snag on something, which could put a tear in neoprene, but not in trilam.

my other half has one. she and the three other people i know who own one think they're awesome. dry, warm and comfortable AND cheap. if the off-the-peg suit fitted me, i would have bought one without hesitation.

I rented an Everdry4 suit from my local dive shop this past weekend and was able to get 5 dives in with it. Overall, it's a pretty nice suit (and looks fairly durable) plus it's not very difficult to get on/off. Even though it didn't leak, my complaint with it was around the positioning of the exhaust vent. It's not right over the top of the shoulder, so you really need to lean back to get air to vent.

One of the guys from the shop who also owned the suit had the same complaint about it, so I don't believe I'm alone here. But if you can live with that one quirk, it's not a bad suit for the money IMHO. I'm thinking of also buying a dry suit, but I'm probably going to pass on the Everydry4 since they don't make a medium short. And while the suit fit great in the torso, it was essentially too long for me in the legs and arms to be comfortable with it long term.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom