Scubapro D 350 Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctorfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi, I have an old Scubapro D350 second stage, Mk 10 first, which is the easiest breather I have ever used. Far better than my new mk 25, S 600 combo. Recently, servicing has been difficult in that one LDS says that parts are no longer available whereas another shop says they can service the reg. Interestingly, both are Scubapro dealers. I'd like to continue to use this reg but do not want to take any risks with old parts. Anyone have any insight?

Service kits for both the D350(p/n 11-012-045) and the Mk10 (p/n10-500-045) are still being supported by Scubapro. Other parts may be a different story. I'd ask the first shop to explain what parts they need but can not get and think about changing shops. Unfortunately, it is not unheard of to have shops claim they can not get parts when they actually don't have a tech who can handle the job or just want to sell you a new regulator.

I'm a little surprised that you can notice much difference in your two regs. They should both be very easy breathers. Your S600 may need a bit of a tweaking.

I picked up a D-300 and some tech had overtightened the plastic cap on the top of the reg, causing it to crack on the threads. My LDS Scubapro dealer said that Scubapro no longer supported the D series and was told this when he tried to buy parts other than a annual service kit for a D-350 or 400 several months ago. So, if you need something other than the annual service kit you might have a difficult time.

Thanks for the info. The Mk 25 S600 is very good but the D350 Mk10 is just a little smoother at depth, even when the S660 freshly back from the shop after it's annual service.

I picked up a D-300 and some tech had overtightened the plastic cap on the top of the reg, causing it to crack on the threads. My LDS Scubapro dealer said that Scubapro no longer supported the D series and was told this when he tried to buy parts other than a annual service kit for a D-350 or 400 several months ago. So, if you need something other than the annual service kit you might have a difficult time.

Don't give up just because Scubapro no longer supports. There are plenty of used D-series out there so it is a matter of searching for a used part. A cap from a Pilot or Air1 should also work but the Air1 would leave you with a small hole that would have to be plugged.

Hi, I have an old Scubapro D350 second stage, Mk 10 first, which is the easiest breather I have ever used. Far better than my new mk 25, S 600 combo.

You got that right; and you're never going to find anything better. If you need parts other than service kits, the best thing to do would be to buy a used D350 or two on ebay for parts. Or, you can send a PM to DA Aquamaster requesting specific parts, or you can simply put up a post requesting the part. There are a lot of NOS parts floating around various dealers; occasionally you'll find one that has a good stock of older parts.

Just think of all the vintage car enthusiasts that search for parts all the time. Finding parts for a D350 won't be that tough. Then again, I have several D300s just to be ultra-sure I'll never want for a part for one. Well, maybe the reason I have so many is something a little more psychologically complex....

Well, maybe the reason I have so many is something a little more psychologically complex....

That's what my wife says about me! HA!

Unfortunately, people are starting to catch on to the idea that the D series is really the best breathing regs ever made. The latest ebay prices seem to be climbing.

As long as it is a D300, D350, or D400, parts kits are still available and there is no issue. Where the issue comes up is if you need a part that is not in the 2nd Stage Kit. For example, if you have a crack in the 2nd stage body then you are not going to be able to get a new 2nd Stage Body and it is toast. We are running into an issue locally because XYZ Dealer (for years) was using the wrong springs in the 2nd Stage. Luckily ScubaPro hooked us up with the Springs and now the regs are working great and Customer is happy. If you happen to run into a parts issue (outside the service kit) and it is no longer available, I have seen ScubaPro give someone a Great deal on an Upgrade to either an S600 or G250.

My wife's been bangin my best friend for a while
He's thinkin of buyin a house for them with style
I think I'll get the Courier Mail to do a review on it
Let her take the Ferrari to the auction, they do in it
And if his big head is a s small as his little one is, or
May be he'll put in a few ridiculous big bids before
The Auctioneer goes inside to speak with the vendor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom