Scubapro Classic BCD w/Air2 identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree mid to late 90s. Looks like my first be except mine wasn’t pink they’re not a bad bc for ow diving. Very basic and simple. I wouldn’t pay a ton for it.

They are great BC's. Very Robust, a lot of lift, hardware is very tough, streamlined, simple and if you add a crotch strap, super stable.

Primary negative is that it needs to fit and without adjustable shoulder straps, the sizing can be a problem. With most BCs, if you switch from a thin to a thick suit, there is more than enough play to accommodate. With this BC, it MIGHT be an issue, in general you want it to fit somewhat snug.

The air 2 is easily serviceable.

That Air2 is actually better than the later generations for easy overhaul. Once they switched to the flexible purge button cover, things have gotten less straightforward since the rubber get old and cracked.

The replacement part is as expensive as an off-brand Air2 knockoff.

Back
Top Bottom