Scubapro bungee strap question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
For those of you that have had a set of fins with the bungee straps what are you impressions of the straps? Are they long lasting or should I replace them with stainless steel springs?

For those of you that have had a set of fins with the bungee straps what are you impressions of the straps? Are they long lasting or should I replace them with stainless steel springs?
The bungee will outlast the fins and are much better than springs since you can pop them open and make them longer or shorter by changing the bungee or shortening it. They will also fit on any other post type fin.

I've got 5 years on mine so far and I am surprised at how resilient they are still. No change in elasticity.

I've got 5 years on mine so far and I am surprised at how resilient they are still. No change in elasticity.

That's the feedback I was looking for.

I have the Mares ones on my Power Planas, must be almost 5 years now, no issues.

As a side note the Mares ones fit the Accels. When I owned them I put them on.

I have the Mares ones on my Power Planas, must be almost 5 years now, no issues.

As a side note the Mares ones fit the Accels. When I owned them I put them on.
Interesting. I have the Mares fins and hate the strap system. They invariably pop off the post when I take the fin off in water at the end of a shore dive. I have to get the strap off quickly to avoid surf which means lots of force. I mush prefer the screw system of the my Eddy and F1 fins. Also I find the Mares bungee too stiff and prefer the more elastic springs.

Interesting. I have the Mares fins and hate the strap system. They invariably pop off the post when I take the fin off in water at the end of a shore dive. I have to get the strap off quickly to avoid surf which means lots of force. I mush prefer the screw system of the my Eddy and F1 fins. Also I find the Mares bungee too stiff and prefer the more elastic springs.
You may be able to use the SP bungee they lock onto the post well and you can change the bungee to make them looser using standard bungee material.

Almost all my diving is shore and I've never had a strap pop off. Strange.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom