Scubapro Barrier 7 Help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pollywogg

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys,
I just got a really good deal on a Scubapro Barrier 7mm wetsuit. I put it on yesterday, and it was apparently designed for a person with no feet. I had to fight for 15 min. just to get my foot through the hole. Once on, it fits like a dream. Is there any way to (safely) stretch out the leg openings so that I don't have to amputate my feet to wear this suit? Is there some sort of lube I can use?
I'd really like to keep this suit as a coldwater backup, but if I can't fix this, I won't ever use it. Can you imagine going out on a dive boat and seeing a guy wrestling to get his suit on? Perhaps needing the assistance of the divemaster, the captain, three mermaids and a squid just to put the damn thing on?
Help!!:D

If you love everything else about the suit, take it directly to a custom wetsuit shop and have it adapted. Maybe have ankle zippers added. These types alterations are not as expensive as you might think. I'm sure there are several custom manufactureres in So FL.

www.wetwear.com is down in Hallandale, FL. Give em a call. I'm sure there are others too, check with your more than one LDS in your town.

You also might try using soap/water in a spray bottle to see if that helps.

I've heard of people using a water-based lube like K-Y jelly, too...

When it comes to putting on my 7mm, I don't even try unless I'm wearing a nylon dive skin. It's just too much neoprene! You might consider using nylon socks, or putting your feet into plastic bags to make things slide on a bit better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom