Scubapro aladin matrix one - thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr.fish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, If anyone has or has used this computer I would appreciate any feedback. Just got back into diving and bought regulator sets for my wife and me. The shop indicated the scubapro deal for free parts for lifetime if you buy a BCD, reg set and computer within a year. We only plan on diving 2 trips a year so I'm not prepared to pay top dollar for a computer. A two gauge set with the Aladin One matrix is not much more than with a depth gauge. We could also do it as a wrist computer as well. Its certainly no frills but appears to do what we would need including use with Nitrox if we go that route. Are there any reasons to avoid this? Any reasons to go with a higher model from Scubapro?

Thanks!

Hi, If anyone has or has used this computer I would appreciate any feedback. Just got back into diving and bought regulator sets for my wife and me. The shop indicated the scubapro deal for free parts for lifetime if you buy a BCD, reg set and computer within a year. We only plan on diving 2 trips a year so I'm not prepared to pay top dollar for a computer. A two gauge set with the Aladin One matrix is not much more than with a depth gauge. We could also do it as a wrist computer as well. Its certainly no frills but appears to do what we would need including use with Nitrox if we go that route. Are there any reasons to avoid this? Any reasons to go with a higher model from Scubapro?

Thanks!

It is a decent single gas entry level dive computer with Nitrox capability. I would recommend a wrist version but that's my preference for ease and convenience of reading.

The next higher up SP dive computers are the A1 and A2with dealer replaceable batteries which I don't recommend. The Aladin is user replaceable battery computer with easy to find CR2450 batteries.

The only other computer I would consider is the G2 but that's MUCH higher price with air integration and lots more features. (G2 is rechargeable battery computer)

In short, either get the Aladin or the G2 and totally pass on the A1 or A2.

Scubapro G2 Dive Computer

Remember that your gear must be registered with SP for the PFL program after purchase. Keep your receipts to provide proof. Must be purchased from an authorized SP dealer. Forever. Then you have to bring your regulators back for service to a authorized SP dealer within 2 years for service to get the free parts. If you miss a service, you're out of luck. I'd buy the cheapest SP computer, don't open the box and sell it immediately after. Use the funds to get a better computer. No shortage of advice here on what to buy! Beware: you will not get nearly what you're going to pay.

Depending on the regulator set, those parts can be pretty expensive at service time.

Remember that your gear must be registered with SP for the PFL program after purchase. Keep your receipts to provide proof. Must be purchased from an authorized SP dealer. Forever. Then you have to bring your regulators back for service to a authorized SP dealer within 2 years for service to get the free parts. If you miss a service, you're out of luck. I'd buy the cheapest SP computer, don't open the box and sell it immediately after. Use the funds to get a better computer. No shortage of advice here on what to buy! Beware: you will not get nearly what you're going to pay.

Depending on the regulator set, those parts can be pretty expensive at service time.
Thanks Boltsnap and Tridacna for the advice!

My first dive computer was the Aladin A1, and I would highly recommend it as an entry-level computer… I still use my A1 on every dive as my “backup”. It’s not the same as the one you’re asking about, but maybe consider the A1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom