Scubapro A700 MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello to everyone

I dive with a scubapro A700. I got it now back from service.

If I pressed the purge button before, it gave high airflow. But stopped instantly when I released pressing.

Now after service the flow goes on and I have to stop it over the mouth piece.

This was the first service. Everyone is telling me here that now it works normally and before it was problematic.

If that is the case, I got it not correctly from the manufactura. Replaced was the membrane and all the o-rings.

Other than this problem, the regulator is fine. No difference in breathing under water.

What to believe now?

If the VIVA adjustment is set to "Dive" position and you press the purge button, it will continue to let air out even after yo stop pressing the purge button. You will have to put your thumb on/in between the mouth piece to stop. This is normal. When the VIVA adjustment st to "Pre-Dive," the venturi effect is minimized and pressing the purge wouldn't generate the free flow you see when the venturi is set to on.

You may not had the VIVA adjustment knob set to the correct position when diving. When the regulator is in your mouth and you are breathing from it and going underwater, the VIVA adjustment should be in the "Dive" mode. If the regulator is out of your mouth, on the surface, the VIVA knob should be in the "Pre-Dive" position.

I think that you weren't using the VIVA adjustment properly before the service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom