Scubalamp PV102 Bateries and O rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aviator8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was able to get a second hand PV102 made by Scubalamp for a good price. I am trying to find two things that are proving difficult, compatibility for TSA approved airline travel. Can I carry this thing on my carry-on luggage? It uses 7X18650 3.7 3000mA batteries in the sealed aluminum housing. I calculate this to be 77WH (7*3A*3.7V=77WH) which is below the TSA threshold of 100WH. However that is not stated or stamped anywhere, and the little specs page only states "7X18650 3.7 3000mA" which means it needs to be calculated. TSA is not known for being genial and helpful if things are not EXACTLY as they expect them to be. Does anyone have any practical experience flying with batteries this size not clearly marking WH.
Also I want to get some new orings for this, however i can not find them online nor the o ring size or specs. Does anyone know the size or a place to get them?

The link below is the best information I have on this which provides me some partial information on Oring listed as "two FKM O-ring" but no size, and I believe it incorrectly states that the Wattage is "And the LED diver has 40A in the high mode .Around 120W" but maybe i misunderstand that

Any help would be appreciated.

Scubalamp PV102 10000lumen Underwater Photography and Video Lights

I was able to get a second hand PV102 made by Scubalamp for a good price. I am trying to find two things that are proving difficult, compatibility for TSA approved airline travel. Can I carry this thing on my carry-on luggage? It uses 7X18650 3.7 3000mA batteries in the sealed aluminum housing. I calculate this to be 77WH (7*3A*3.7V=77WH) which is below the TSA threshold of 100WH. However that is not stated or stamped anywhere, and the little specs page only states "7X18650 3.7 3000mA" which means it needs to be calculated. TSA is not known for being genial and helpful if things are not EXACTLY as they expect them to be. Does anyone have any practical experience flying with batteries this size not clearly marking WH.
Also I want to get some new orings for this, however i can not find them online nor the o ring size or specs. Does anyone know the size or a place to get them?

The link below is the best information I have on this which provides me some partial information on Oring listed as "two FKM O-ring" but no size, and I believe it incorrectly states that the Wattage is "And the LED diver has 40A in the high mode .Around 120W" but maybe i misunderstand that

Any help would be appreciated.

Scubalamp PV102 10000lumen Underwater Photography and Video Lights
Hi there Aviator8.
The best chance to find the o-ring size is to print our catalogue (at actual size setting) at the last pages there is an actual size chart.Try to identify the size manually by placing the o-ring you have over the diagram and see where match best. (we don't have all of our o-rings size at actual size dimensions If that don't work out try to measure the internal diameter and cross section of those o-rings and check in the size list of our catalogue. hope you find it at once
Catalogue - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving
kind regards
Nicolas

Hi there Aviator8.
The best chance to find the o-ring size is to print our catalogue (at actual size setting) at the last pages there is an actual size chart.Try to identify the size manually by placing the o-ring you have over the diagram and see where match best. (we don't have all of our o-rings size at actual size dimensions If that don't work out try to measure the internal diameter and cross section of those o-rings and check in the size list of our catalogue. hope you find it at once
Catalogue - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving
kind regards
Nicolas
hmm well that didnt work very well. I printed the last 4 pages on standard 8.5 X 11. each page's scale came out a little different and none of them matching up to the inch scale when comparing with a ruler. They are all not off by the same amount either.

OK I was able to take some measurements. I ran into a few issues but this is what I got. For the diameter of the canister when I tried to get the diameter of the inside of the recess the O ring rides in I was only able to get an approximation because by the time it got to the midpoint the thicket part of the caliper blade would begin forcing it out of the groove. I got an estimate of 61-63mm of the inside of both channels the o ring rides in. To validate that I measured the tube diameter at 63.5mm. I then used the caliper depth gauge to measure how far the channel was recessed from the outside wall. It was 1.1mm so doing the math I get 63.5-(1.1*2)=61.3

Now for the rings themselves. I took caliper thickness at the same place at 90 degree angles for thickness. Which revealed that they are somewhat oblong now I also attempted to put them on a paper and get them shaped as round as possible then took several measurements for the outside diameter to get an average

Ring, Outside Dia , Thickness, Thickness at 90 from first

1, 55, 1.94, 1.80,

55, 1.88, 1.85,

55, 1.93, 1.81,

55, 1.89, 1.79,

Avg, 55, 1.91, 1.8125,

2, 53, 1.88, 1.89,

53, 1.90, 1.91,

55, 1.94, 1.88,

54, 1.93, 1.77,

This one was harder to get in a circle so I took a few more OC ring diameter measurements

Avg, 53.28, 1.9125, 1.8625,

I hope the formatting holds here so it is easier to read. Nope unfortunately not. I hope this makes sense.

just as an fyi I have 2 unused one but they both have a dent in them. The both measure 50MM ouside to outside, and the ring thickness is more consistent and more round averaging out at about 1.95mm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom