Scubajet DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grisha

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just wandering the internet today when I came across a very interesting concept SCUBAJET - most powerful water jet propulsion system & dive scooter
the product advertises a small profile dpv that can be attached to your groin ring and chest D-ring when not in use. I wanted the input of the community as this seems too good to be true. but for the price, this seems unbeatable for an entry-level system. I'd be very grateful if anyone could provide input or had experience with this system.

there is no way it puts out that much power for that long in that size of a system. If you are looking for a low cost small scooter, look at the Aquaprop by bonex

I second CapitanBlack's request. I'll even go as far to say I would gladly be a beta test pilot for one. And I am a proud SS owner...and it is 96 lbs!

I sent in an enquiry on their website about how their thrust and run-time numbers stack up. They say 20 kg of thrust and a runtime of 20 minutes of in "power" mode, which I assume relates to this thrust output. Medium speed gives a workeable 90 mins runtime, but I kind of doubt it's gonna be able to pull a diver at any reasonable speed. They haven't replied to my message but this is somewhat of a critical marketing aspect.

Here is an update on the latest version that I just received, the Dive Pro 2. This one was released on Feb 15, 2020. The thrust and runtime are super impressive even without being perfectly trimmed which makes a difference and need to figure out. Just out of the box with a full charge, I got an hour dive at 50% time in full power and 50% half power and only used half the battery. Note I have their 400W battery. Also the conditions were moderate with medium surge. I live in Southern California so I am diving a 7 mm wetsuit, carry a steel 100cf tank, lobster bug, big UK Cannon Light, and 22 lbs of weight. The scubajet weight an impressive 13lbs with the large battery, 3-4lbs negative in the water. I chose it for beach diving and surf or rock entries and so far that proved to work perfectly...

Still testing and will run a full power test from 100% to 0% and report. But I am super excited with it.

For those that need numbers, their site is pretty accurate. Numbers do not mean much to me as long as I can keep up with a friend diving a full tech Genesis scooter (I am sure he was dialed down but still...that was a three times heavier scooter).

Check this from Dive Xtras
BlackTip-Comparison-2020.01.09-1.png

I have a lot of friends that purchased the Blacktip and are very happy with it. It is cheaper too. But at double the weight and my choice was based on weight. The scubajet is half the weight so it is more versatile for beach dives and rock/surf entries. Also run time is comparable for those profiles. For boat/tech dives obviously Blacktip is a better choice.

I have a lot of friends that purchased the Blacktip and are very happy with it. It is cheaper too. But at double the weight and my choice was based on weight. The scubajet is half the weight so it is more versatile for beach dives and rock/surf entries. Also run time is comparable for those profiles. For boat/tech dives obviously Blacktip is a better choice.
For the price, the Dive-X Blacktip is just about impossible to beat. It's great for So Cal beach dives, and if the weather ever gets back to normal no-rain, @dytis-sm can do a side by side comparison then post results. I love my Blacktip

I know that you are...and included your opinion above. But the thread was about the scubajet and was updating it because I had questions before buying it too. A demo convinced me and the fact that I can clip it on my BC and jump in the water was the primary consideration. Everyone has difference specs and one could argue that the Genesis is the best scooter around for many reasons other than price. But this was not a comparison thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom