ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2021 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe if there's enough folks that want to do it they would run a 3-tank trip out there without the blue hole. That's something people have sometimes suggested would be a nice idea from Ambergris but they don't seem to get enough interest to run such a thing.

Maybe there could be an organized add-on extension for some days to the interior afterwards...

That is a fabulous idea!! I would be 100% on board for that. I'v been caving on dry land in italy, So cal, Northern Cal, lava tubes ect. Blue hole for me would be at ow depths, we personally don't need to see the cave/stalactites but HMC sounds like my MUST DIVE site.

That is a fabulous idea!! I would be 100% on board for that. I'v been caving on dry land in italy, So cal, Northern Cal, lava tubes ect. Blue hole for me would be at ow depths, we personally don't need to see the cave/stalactites but HMC sounds like my MUST DIVE site.
I’m much more interested in HMC than the Blue Hole. Since I’ve never done either, I’m game for both. Even with the add on it’s still cheaper than a week with Huracan or Itza.

I am looking at the resort and it appears to be in a great spot to enjoy diving and the reefs but as everyone knows I cant sit at a resort the whole trip. Does anyone know if there will be the opportunity to get a ride back to the mainland during the week for touring or should I look at adding a few days before the trip for mainland adventures.

There are no land excursion offered from the resort.
If you want to do something on the mainland plan it before or after the SURGE.

Is the GBH --I can't help but saying Great Bloody Hairdoos-- a one dive trip?

The Blue Hole add on trip is a full day trip , it comes with 3 dives. Three different dive sites and 3 snorkeling sites. The day starts out at 8 am, right after breakfast.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blue_Hole

First dive is at The Great Blue Hole
Second dive is at Half Moon Caye... Dive site planned is (The Playground)
Then Lunch on Half Moon Caye
Third dive site is at Long Cay .... Dive site planned is (The Aquarium)
Then back to the resort

That video has me pumped!! Amazed at how friendly so many of the animals seem. What type of turtle was the first one in the video? - - - kind of rusty looking with a smoothe - - - ish shell?? And a picnic too??!! Woohoo!
It was a big male Loggerhead turtle.

Looks very tempting. Probably planning a family trip there in June 2021. We do miss the invasion trips but they overlap our summer sale at the store. We're doing Bonaire again in June for 16 days but probably a good idea to check out Belize before booking as my daughter (14) is now certified and I don't want to put in more challenging conditions.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom