ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2021 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All Crew Members,

We realize that everyone has multiple questions about the SURGE event in January. There is NOBODY that has more questions than me. However quite frankly, I do have a magic 8 ball but not a crystal ball. Anyone claiming to have all the answers right now IMO is guessing.
I totally understand that Crew Members want the latest information but many things can change with Governments, Airlines, Immigration rules and last be not least how Covid 19 is before this event. Please be patient, SB and Bay Adventures along with the resort are monitoring the situation.
Any important news about this event will be posted here on this thread and you will be emailed with any details.

On a brighter note, news reports today say that the FDA has authorized a Saliva test that the NBA has been using. It promises low cost and quick result time. I guess time will tell but if true could come in handy for travel

I did read that it would be $50 usd for an on the spot test at the belieze airport
What to know about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and travel to Belize.

Testing
Visitors are also highly encouraged to take a PCR test (not an antibody test) within 72 hours of arrival which will fast track your entry into the country. A certified negative result will put you on the fast track arrival lane at the airport. You will be able to upload your test results via the app.

If you don't have a certified test prior to arrival, you will still be required to take a rapid test at your own expense when you arrive at the airport. The cost of the rapid test will be $50 USD

last column for us
upload_2020-8-16_18-14-19.png

I've resigned myself to the fact that this trip may not come off due to the pandemic. HOWEVER if that is to happen, I hope it will be rescheduled. I really want to go on this trip but I sure don't want to get on an airplane anytime soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom