Suggestion ScubaBoard mascot design ideas???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Doctor Rig

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Today @scubadada asked this question on a Invasion 22 t-shirt thread…. “Why are divers always portrayed as dead skeletons?”

That was a good question….. which brought to mind wouldn’t it be beneficial and fun if ScubaBoard had it’s own graphic mascot to be used on the website and on t-shirts instead of a “dead skeleton”.

If ScubaBoard members agree, how about using your creativity and post your design suggestions for a SB mascot here. I look forward to your submissions!

What happened to Moonie?

“Why are divers always portrayed as dead skeletons?”

That's new to me. Pictures please.

What happened to Moonie?

Who's Moonie?

If ScubaBoard members agree, how about using your creativity and post your design suggestions for a SB mascot here.

I'm no artist but I have this vision a diver with split fins kneeling on coral with a Spare Air. :wink:

I'm no artist but I have this vision a diver with split fins kneeling on coral with a Spare Air. :wink:
You left out the jacket BCD with AIR2! And Suunto non AI computer, lol.

It would be interesting to think about what message/messages you want this mascot to send. For some reason, what leapt to my mind was a smiling, snarky looking Jack Russell's terrier in sunglasses (or a mask that 's opaque for a similar effect) and scuba gear underwater.

What happened to Moonie?
A garden gnome mooning people as the public face of SB...might not be the best 'face' of SB to put forward. But I'm not a marketer, so hey...

That's new to me. Pictures please.
On shirts, log book covers and dive shop gear, skeletons, skulls, pirates, and scantily clad beautiful (and very friendly looking) women have strong representation. And sharks and moray eels.

And that's an example of what is perceived as appealing to the tastes of a target demographic. Straight adult men with an appreciation for imagery of the adventurous, dangerous and lusty.

Hard to say what such a mascot should be. Funny or serious? Family friendly or edgy and 'cool?' Young to appeal to the young, or middle aged to appeal to...well, a whole lot of us.

And do you want a motto with this mascot?

Who's Moonie?
You have no soul! :D :D :D

1651334464974.png

There is more than one Moonie. He's been all over the world, got lost in the Great Lakes for a year or two, and goes on every SB Invasion/Surge.

As for an animal mascot, why not? There was a creepy-looking octopus that was proposed once. It just has to be cool... SB cool!

Getting serious now, here are a bunch of images that could inspire something great. Don't forget to look through all the tabs at the top.
Google Search: scuba diver drawing
Looking at the linked images provided by @Akimbo, how about a version of this…
DAA35A5A-F552-4D09-8D0B-DD001A23075D.jpeg
But with a caricature of our “The Chairman”….. with or without splitfins (LOL).

Maybe in a Moonie pose like the one he posted!

Attachments

• 1651347235203.jpeg
    1651347235203.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 60
A platypus would suffice. It is an aqueous mammal that lays eggs (hence not much more odd than some of us), and its sting is as poisonous as some threads here. Besides, it's kind of oddly cute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom