Scubaboard lifting leaderboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone want to start a SB leaderboard to show the rankings of SB participants in the major lifts?

By major lifts I assume you mean the big 5? Bench press, deadlift, barbell curls, squat and overhead press?

Here are my stats: (I'm female, petite and 5'3" by the way.)

1. Bench Press (machine) - 8/23/16
1 rep at 100lbs

2. Squat (sled machine) - 9/8/15
9 reps at 305lbs

3. Barbell Curls - 10/20/16
2 sets of 4 reps each at 30lbs

4. Overhead Press - 12/15/16
3 sets of 7 reps each at 45lbs

5. Deadlift - 8/11/16
9 reps at 85lbs

Here are mine from the last two days. Free weights, in pounds

Bench 135 (x9)
Squat 215 (x1)
Deadlift 295 (x5)
OHP 75 (x9)
Curls dumbbell 35 (x8)

I'm 6-1 and 240 pounds.

Fitness, including muscle strength, makes such a difference in diving. So much easier to handle gear and get in and out of the water.

For bench,,I can do twice my age for 10 reps on most days

(in kgs).

I lift 4-5 days a week with yoga once to twice a week. I HIGHLY recommend yoga. It's great for core strength and breath control.

I've been doing the starting strength program for a little while, my most recent stats are
Bench - 200 x 5
OHP - 140 x 5
Squat - 365 x 5
Deadlift - 365 x 4

My deadlift is behind here it should be :( but I'm happy where I'm at overall. 5'8", 170 lbs.

I've been doing the starting strength program for a little while, my most recent stats are
Bench - 200 x 5
OHP - 140 x 5
Squat - 365 x 5
Deadlift - 365 x 4

My deadlift is behind here it should be :( but I'm happy where I'm at overall. 5'8", 170 lbs.
post a video of your squat? normally when it catches up to the deadlift your depth is too shallow

it was too shallow when i posted that for sure. I took some videos not long after and adjusted. My other problem was that my grip was crappy with the bar i was using - that was the limiting factor on my deadlifts. Sadly I've taken a new job with a much longer commute since Dec and am not working out nearly as much....all my lifts have suffered heavily as a result :(

Nothing to brag about.

Deadlift: 365 lb (1RM), 5x325 lb
Bench: 5x185 lb
Squat: 5x190 lb
Overhead Press: 5x115lb, 3x125 lb, 1x135 lb

I was really into lifting from 2012-2014. I developed hip FAI (femoroacetabular impingement) in 2015 which hasn't resolved and has seriously limited strength training to body weight exercises.

Deadlift : 400 Pounds
Bench : 165 Pounds
Squat : 200 Pounds
Sumo Squat: 300 Pounds
Leg Press : 740 Pounds

I am on a Keto program so not been able to cross this plateau. Lost about 28 kilos so far and excited to get into the water again and see how it effects my Buoyancy, Air Consumption and lead requirements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom