Scubaboard Invasions Timeframe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It seems the invasions tend to be around June during the years. Just curious why that might be. For folks like myself around cold water, the spring/summer is actually prime diving months since the surface interval would be so comfortable. I assume the invasion timeframe is during that season for a reason. Maybe the bulk rates are better, maybe it's because kids are out of school. Those are just guesses. For me, the premiere time to get on a plane and go somewhere warm and tropical would be in February. The holidays are past, but the weather is still colder and spring has not yet arrived. Either way, for those reasons, I will always be shooting for a warm trip in January/February timeframe every year. Just wondering if the SB moderators have insight on this and if there's a genral consensus from other members. Looking forward to Roatan in June regardless.
:popcorn:

It seems the invasions tend to be around June during the years. Just curious why that might be. For folks like myself around cold water, the spring/summer is actually prime diving months since the surface interval would be so comfortable. I assume the invasion timeframe is during that season for a reason. Maybe the bulk rates are better, maybe it's because kids are out of school. Those are just guesses. For me, the premiere time to get on a plane and go somewhere warm and tropical would be in February. The holidays are past, but the weather is still colder and spring has not yet arrived. Either way, for those reasons, I will always be shooting for a warm trip in January/February timeframe every year. Just wondering if the SB moderators have insight on this and if there's a genral consensus from other members. Looking forward to Roatan in June regardless.
:popcorn:
Invasions -June is SB birthday month and kids are out of school, Also at the very begining of hurricane season

We do have an event called the SURGE in January it has just been cancelled the last couple years,
Due to Covid and will not be held this January either. Maybe 2024

Back
Top Bottom