ScubaBoard Cozumel Invasion 2011 Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROXANNE

Artist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ScubaBoard Cozumel Invasion 2011 Trip Report -
The short version... :D It was frigin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now for the details.

We (Dennis Cardzard and I) started this excursion with choosing Bay Adventures for our travel agent to take care of all the booking for the group. They were there to help with questions, travel insurance and assisting with airfares. I must say that Al and Felix did an exceptional job which made our planning so much easier.
We can not thank them enough for their efforts!!!!!!!!! :acclaim:

We chose Hotel Cozumel as the Invasion hosts. They did a wonderful job from the very moment we stepped on the property. They welcomed us with music, drinks and a “Welcome Home ScubaBoard” banner! They had a separate table set up with our group information, which made checking in a breeze. Our room was ready, clean and worked well as a home away from home for the week. I would have liked to see a coffee maker in the room, but found that all I had to do was ask any of the waiters around the hotel and they were willing to bring me coffee any time. We felt the property was well maintained and spacious. Our group of 93 had plenty of room to spread out. You could sit, swim and relax with others or if you chose to be more private, there was more than enough room to do so. The food was good, plentiful, with nice variety and beautifully presented. They gave us a private cocktail party and even provided Scubaboard with a gorgeous cake for it's 11th birthday!
Alejandro, Enrique and the rest of the Hotel Cozumel staff did an outstanding job of taking care of our group!!!!!!!!!! :acclaim:

And last , but not least we chose Apple and Dive Paradise as our Invasion diving hosts. They worked with us in advance with information on the boats and preplanning. We were welcomed with a ScubaBoard banner at the dock and custom designed T shirts! They had a separate staff person at the docks just for the ScubaBoard members each morning and afternoon checking everyone in and making sure each person knew what boat they were on and if they needed anything. We had 71 divers and they handled us beautifully and efficiently. Kudos, kudos, kudos! We had great DM’s and Captains for the week who took us on many fantastic dives. They were even great sports on our chicks only dive!
The staff at Dive Paradise was top notch all week long!!!!!!!!! :acclaim:

In closing, Dennis and I want to Thank all the ScubaBoard members. their families and friends who truly made this Invasion such a success. We couldn’t of asked for a better group of people! Everyone worked together, made new friends and were good to each other. What great ScubaBoard camaraderie! All the laughs and memories are priceless! :acclaim:

And thank you again to all the wonderful sponsors who donated more than
$8,000 in prizes! :acclaim:

To see who won what, check out the sponsors page.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...374643-2011-scubaboard-invasion-sponsors.html

I don’t know how we’re going to top next years Invasion, but we’ll do our best! :wink:
Moonie and LuLu have already confirmed they will attend. :mooner:

I went to the Invasion!
If you missed your chance... you're just reading about it!

Last edited:
ScubaBoard Cozumel Invasion 2011 Trip Report -
The short version... :D It was frigin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

It needed to be said again!
Thanks to all who made this trip so fantastic! Can't wait for next year!

It needed to be said again!
Thanks to all who made this trip so fantastic! Can't wait for next year!
And we don't want to forget that really cool Dive Log stamp designed by our very own Scuba_Jenny! Thanks again for all your hard work, it came out great! I hope everyone used it! :kiss2:

I was very impressed with everything, especially our boat crew, we were with them all week.(I think one of the only groups that that happened to)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom