scuba tank backpack assembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caledfwlch

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Have been looked thu the web and I find it impossible to find a backpack assembly that will fit be able to sit 2 tanks. I can only find those assemblies that sit one. would like to pair it up with a horse collar BCD.

with doubles you don't need a backpack at all, just a couple of straps that thread into the bands that hold the doubles together. only the singles had backpacks. don't know where to find such a setup anymore.

Vintage Double Hose has cloth straps, or find a pack and old style bands on e-bay. I did the later for my twin 50's and use with a horsecollar.

Have been looked thu the web and I find it impossible to find a backpack assembly that will fit be able to sit 2 tanks. I can only find those assemblies that sit one. would like to pair it up with a horse collar BCD.

They do exist. Dacor made at least one type I know of.

If you don't like the look of a backplate and can't find one of the old dual tank backpacks then you could rig up your own straps with no backplate at all like in this picture. Especially with twins it shouldn't pose too many problems.

doubletankb.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom