SCUBA suits vs Freediving suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I know the difference between surf suits and dive suits. That being the cell structure of the suit being closed and denser than surf suits. Less compression at depth. I can’t, although, find much info on free dive suit manufacturing. Being that free divers often Dive at the same depths as SCUBA divers, wouldn’t it make sense that the manufacturing, with regard to cell structure, would be the same? One benefit I’ve noticed free diving suits seem to have over scuba is ease of movement. I have a connection in the retail market of Freediving suits but not in the SCUBA suit market. So I was hoping to be able to pick up a 7mm suit that is more flexible and cheaper so long as it doesn’t make me freeze at depth. Any help?

I've had quite a few of each and used them for the other activity successfully. The only thing to watch for is freedive suit will have a shorter lifespan scuba diving. They're differ which means the bubbles in the neoprene get crushed out faster than the scuba suits. Still potentially good for a hundred dives or more, depending on the scenario

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom