Scuba shops in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuswhl

Reaction score
I will go to Patong, Phuket in late Feb.
Maybe I'll buy some equipment there.
Does anyone know any good equipment stores there? How is the price? Relative cheap or relatively expensive?

Water World Asia (formerly Dive Supply) and All-4-Diving are the biggest and best stocked stores in Phuket. Both are in Patong and they are both quite comprehensive in their selection of all types of gear and general dive supplies and toys. WWA main lines are Scuba Pro, Sea and Sea, and Suunto, while A4D carries allot of Aqua Pro gear. There are also several smaller shops in Patong, including Diver's Emporium and Warm Water Divers.

While the selection of brands and depth of stock is very good in Patong/Phuket (it is likely you will find whatever you need), the prices are quite high when compared with USA or Singapore (the 2 places I know directly). Compared to Singapore, prices are anywhere from 25-40% more expensive.

Also note that the selection of gear for UW photography (housings, lenses, strobes, etc) is very limited and EXPENSIVE. WWA sells some Sea and Sea cameras and strobes and you can find housings for some Sony and Canon cameras around the island.

There are several shops clustered near the big massage parlor, Christian, in Patong. That makes it easy to tell taxi drivers where to drop you off.
Water World is one of the better; south about a block is a Mares dealer/

A better one, IMO, is on the street just north of soi Bangla (the main party street in Patong). I find the staff there more friendly than WW.

Some prices are actually cheaper in Patong than the USA. You can find good deals on wetsuits (check out Hotwave for custome made wetsuits, http://hotwavephuket.com/index.htm )

Thank you , JonnieB, thank you very much!
I live in Singapore. So I guess I'll just buy my gear here. Ka ka :)

as an add on, i'm currently in the area on holiday and bought some equipment in water world asia, Patong. as an instructor you are entitled to 20%of display prices and divemasters i think get 10%. although they ask you which shop you are working for i named the shop that i was doing my diving through and they gave me the discount.
the discounts help to make it cheaper... but then again i usually purchase my dive goodies in ireland where prices are hugely inflated.

Back
Top Bottom