Scuba Rummage Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I saw an ad in the paper about "Assorted Scuba Equipment for Sale" in the Thrifty's sections of the paper this morning so I called the guy and he said Come on over - I was the 1st one who came and it looked like a DIVE SHOP in his basement ! ! !

There in front of me laid my Holy Grail - an Apeks ATX 200 Regulator with ATX 50 Octo

Barely used, DIN/YOKE, laying in the padded bag I said how much - 200 bucks and it yours.

Needless to say I came back with:

2 Alum. 80's both current VIP and Hydro - $40 each
1 new pair 7mm Bare Gloves - $20.00
14 lbs. sea pearls soft weights - $14 - $1 lb. beats $3 at LDS

He gave me a bunch of stuff free - New PADI CPR Microshield, Line Cutter, Nitrox Dive Tables, Navy Dive Tables, NAUI Dive Tables, Extra Tusa Xpert Zoom Fin Straps (which I use)

So the moral of the story is, Check the paper because "You Never Know What Treasures You Might Find In Someone's Basement. :D

Lil' Irish Temper:
I saw an ad in the paper about "Assorted Scuba Equipment for Sale" in the Thrifty's sections of the paper this morning so I called the guy and he said Come on over - I was the 1st one who came and it looked like a DIVE SHOP in his basement ! ! !

There in front of me laid my Holy Grail - an Apeks ATX 200 Regulator with ATX 50 Octo

Barely used, DIN/YOKE, laying in the padded bag I said how much - 200 bucks and it yours.

Needless to say I came back with:

2 Alum. 80's both current VIP and Hydro - $40 each
1 new pair 7mm Bare Gloves - $20.00
14 lbs. sea pearls soft weights - $14 - $1 lb. beats $3 at LDS

He gave me a bunch of stuff free - New PADI CPR Microshield, Line Cutter, Nitrox Dive Tables, Navy Dive Tables, NAUI Dive Tables, Extra Tusa Xpert Zoom Fin Straps (which I use)

So the moral of the story is, Check the paper because "You Never Know What Treasures You Might Find In Someone's Basement. :D

Lucky! Congratulations on your find. Call me if you find any more like that. :eyebrow:

Lil' Irish Temper:

Wow.... I wish I could find deals like that.

We did have a Dive Shop close here a few years ago and he ran an add in the paper selling all his "used rental gear", but you could buy it new under warranty for about the same price or cheaper.

For example, he wanted $150 each for tanks that were out of hydro and vis when you can buy a new one for cheaper than that (in hydro and vis)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom