Scuba repair listed for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My concern there - not that I have $1.7M to invest - is that it seems extremely dependent on one guy, Javier. I've been using them for repairs and reg service. Usually 1-2 days turnaround but last year it was going to take 10 days because he was going on vacation. And well deserved but it shows they have no one else to do the work should he retire or get hit by a bus.

I've been going to Coz for 20 years and only discovered this place about 5 years ago. They really don't market themselves at all. I could see potential for significantly more business if the average tourist knew they could get serve and repairs done much faster and less expensive than back home. But there would have to be competent techs to do the work. Javier is overloaded as it is. Every time I've been there he has been busy with a repair or rebuild. I've never seen anyone helping him.

My concern there - not that I have $1.7M to invest - is that it seems extremely dependent on one guy, Javier. I've been using them for repairs and reg service. Usually 1-2 days turnaround but last year it was going to take 10 days because he was going on vacation. And well deserved but it shows they have no one else to do the work should he retire or get hit by a bus.

I've been going to Coz for 20 years and only discovered this place about 5 years ago. They really don't market themselves at all. I could see potential for significantly more business if the average tourist knew they could get serve and repairs done much faster and less expensive than back home. But there would have to be competent techs to do the work. Javier is overloaded as it is. Every time I've been there he has been busy with a repair or rebuild. I've never seen anyone helping him.
I have been in the shop a few times when a woman was working with him. He introduced her, but I don't remember if she is his wife or daughter.

I have been in the shop a few times when a woman was working with him. He introduced her, but I don't remember if she is his wife or daughter.
It's his daughter. She was training/helping for repair. She is still there and also runs the register.

If money is worth anything 5% would require $233 of interest 365 days of the year. Better do a couple of reg overhauls every day above what you need to live on.

if you could just convert it to an airbnb....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom