scuba pro mk17 ok for side mount ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
anyone here ever use the scuba pro mk17 1st stages for side mount ?? i have been looking at new regs with the hopes of maybe going to side mount some time in the future. i currently use an apeks xtx200 and love it. i was going to get either another xtx200 or switch to the xtx50's (also looked into hog and dive rite) but for complicated reasons i may need to switch brands. scuba pro may be one of my only options. i am specifically looking at the mk17 due to our very cold waters up here. i tried searching around online but have found little or no info on using this model for side mount.
btw....probably would be getting the g260 or the g260 tactical 2nd stages to go with the mk17's

thx for any input. pro's and cons etc

The biggest issue I have with them is hose routing. The spg's would be pointing out at a weird angle for me. I haven't had any problems diving with the MK25s here in our Alberta Lakes, but I haven't taken them ice diving just yet.

Here in the UK Scubapro regs need an upgrade usually to be used in cold water, whereas Apeks don't have this issue.

I have a friend that rocks the Scubapro MK17/G260 for sidemount. I personally like the swivel turret of the MK25 for sidemount, but some prefer the sealed regs for cold water.

I use the MK17s from day 1 of getting into sm. Never tried anything else so I can't comment on pros and cons. Personally I have no issues with it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

Would it be possible for you to post pictures of how you're routing your hoses? I'm curious about where the SPGs sit and if they jab into you.

would it be possible for you to post pictures of how you're routing your hoses? I'm curious about where the spgs sit and if they jab into you.

x2...

Would it be possible for you to post pictures of how you're routing your hoses? I'm curious about where the SPGs sit and if they jab into you.

Just realised I don't really have a close up photo of myself that shows hose routing. I've taken a photo of the regs hope that helps. I have it configured with regs facing inwards so the SPG is between tank and my body. I just look down and bend it up to check remaining air. I suppose if your regs face outwards (if you use a choker) then they could be in an exposed position?

I've had them setup like this pretty much since day 1. Except when I started I had SPG's in lollypop position, when I got a bit more comfortable I had them changed to face down.

Regs.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom