Scuba Podcasts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kingsley Zissou

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings all.

What scuba podcasts are you listening to these days?

Like most of you I look forward to the the scubaboard podcast coming back some day (fingers crossed). Until then, I have been going through all the scuba related podcasts on iTunes to get my fix. I have gone through the backlogs of Bottom Time Radio and Pod diver along with others that only produced a few episodes before they stopped updating. I guess a podcast is a hard thing to keep going without serious sponsors.

I love Jill Heinerth's Rebreatherpro podcast even though I have no CCR plans at this point. She focuses on CCR stuff (as the name would suggest), but I have found a great deal of useful info in her podcast and I really enjoy her interview style. It's like listening to old friends swapping stories.

I was also happy to hear that Joe Cocozza has started pod diver radio again with their new format too. I look forward to more episodes to come.

The only podcast I listen to that puts out a somewhat regular episode is Scuba Radio. They have just enough actual scuba info to keep me listening. I could do without the FM morning show schtick though.

What am I missing? Are there other podcasts out there that I have not found yet?

Thanks

Yes Ive been looking for the return of Pod diver and Scubaboard with Jill. Any new news in your world??

Thanks for the kind words. The RebreatherPro.com podcasts will continue, as we can get them produced between diving, speaking, filming, etc...We've also got a YouTube Channel with plenty of good content over at: YouTube - NewIndigo's Channel
(New Indigo) is hubby's channel.
Joe Cocozza has been very busy with his CNN duties, but he promises to produce more podcasts in 2010.
If there is an "A List" sponsor out there who wants to lend their financial sponsorship to regularly scheduled new media efforts, we'd love to hear from you.
On the way to Helsinki to speak at a dive show! -- Regards, Jill

I've been listening to Scubaradio this winter and I find enough diving talk to keep listening and have even learned a thing or two here and there, but would agree that the schtik sometimes wears thin. Something else curious though. I been listening to the archived podcasts while running so I go through 10 or so episodes each week and I think from time to time they recycle one or another of those dive trip segments. Every once in a while I swear I'm listening to an interview or conversation I've heard before.

What's a podcast?

Have any of you watched or listen to the podcast/online show Talking Scuba. You can easily find it by searching on Google. They post their shows about once a week.

Yes, I enjoy Pod Diver Radio and I agree about Scuba Radio... it can be annoying at times with all the schtick. I haven't heard of Talking Scuba but I'll check it out. Another podcast I've been meaning to listen to is X-Raydio/BlogTalkRadio. I ran across it on the X-Ray online dive magazine and you can access it here: http://www.xray-mag.com

Scuba Obsessed is another great podcast! A great, unpollished show with lots of potential.

POD DIVER RADIO 118: Interview with Leon Scamahorn of Innerspace Systems, maker of the Megalodon CCR.

Leon talks about Rebreather Forum 3 , the Rebreather Education and Safety Association RESA and the state of rebreather education.

Direct MP3 download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/poddiver/PD118.mp3

POD DIVER RADIO supports Rebreather Forum 3 go to Rebreather Forum 3 - RF3 Summary | Online Registration by Cvent

** Subscribe Free: www.poddiver.net
** Subscribe Free: <![CDATA[POD DIVER RADIO 2010]]>
** Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/poddiver
** 6Pack School: Mariners Learning System
** Facebook: Joseph Cocozza | Facebook

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom