SCUBA jobs in the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WillHartNZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm not too sure if this is the right forum but here goes...

I'm currently working through my divemaster and will be doing IDC later this year. I'm starting to think about what I might be doing next year after I'm qualified. I visited the UK last year and absolutely loved it.

What are the chances of getting an Instructors job over there? Not overly fussy about where in the UK the jobs are but close to London would be an advantage (I've got family near there).

your most likely bet would be to work in a dive shop which is essentially a retail position with a SCUBA backdrop, I'm sure you'd be able to find one which allowed you to assist with teaching on evenings or weekends. Expect minimum wage and if thats the case then London would be a tough place to be.

Jobs come up in Scapa flow each year, I'd love to work up there, speaking German would be an asset but failing that you will need dry, deep, nitrox & wreck experience and most likely the ability to teach the 4 courses. Scapa is awesome but so far detached from the mainland that you might as well be working on Mars.

Failing that you could try contact the inland sites like Stoney Cove, Vobster, NDAC, Cromhall etc as they get a lot of divers through, again though you'd most likely be on total minimum wage and the time spent teaching would be minimal compared to the time spent grilling burgers.

Back
Top Bottom