scuba in Israel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You seem very knowledgable about diving in Israel. I will be in Netanya this next month and I wanted to do some diving there. Do they use DIN or Yoke system on tanks in Israel that I might rent.

Kelev2000:
Do they use DIN or Yoke system on tanks in Israel that I might rent.

Yoke is the standard system in Israel. If you have a DIN first stage, perhaps some clubs may lend you an adapter, but better get one in advance.

Natania is not the best place to dive. You won't find more than sand and a few rocks here and there (BTW, I grew up in this town :) ).

Diving in the summertime in the mediterranean is not ideal. The water tends to be pretty murky although nice and warm (over 30 degrees). I prefer to dive here (I am also from Haifa) in the autumn when the visibility is much better, the jellyfish have gone and the water is still nice and warm.
Eilat is good all year round. Meduza is a fantastic club with the best facilities I have seen anywhere in the world, and a really good house reef where I have often encountered turtles, big morays and lots of other interesting creatures. The diving there is also very cheap as almost all the dives are shore dives, and equipment rental is quite cheap. The Taba option is also great. I have done that once, and will definitely do it again.
I'll be happy to assist with any questions.

Happy diving.
Doron

Jai Bar -

Hello.

Regarding the dive clubs in Israel, can you give some more details such as day trip costs, equpment rental cost, etc ?

Thanks,

Dolevr

dolevr:
Jai Bar -

Hello.

Regarding the dive clubs in Israel, can you give some more details such as day trip costs, equpment rental cost, etc ?

Thanks,

Dolevr

I am not very familiar with prices but you can expect something like 40$-50$ for a guided diving day (2 dives, including equipment).
Full gear rental should be something like 30$ (per day).

One thing to remember is that a diving insurance is mandatory in Israel (if you don't have one- it's available at all dive clubs).
All clubs will ask for a proof of diving within the last 6 months so if you have a logbook- bring it along. If you haven't been diving in the last 6 months you'll need to make a refresh dive.

Enjoy, and don't forget it is the Jelly Fish season in our side of the Med Sea

You normaly don't have day trips in Israel as most of the sites are very close to shore.
In Eilat you can go on a day trip to Egypt (Coral island) but I don't have prices.

Guided diving are about 10$, not including equipment. renting equipment is about 30$ for a day and will include a tank. Just renting a tank and waits is about 5$. Going on a boat dive is about 30$ (on the med side), in Eilat apart of 3 sites, all dives are shore dives. you have a slope that start about 10m from the shore line and drop to infinity so the dives are deep (20m+)

NItrox is easy to get, is not expensive (5-8$ per hit), and it's worth considering as many of the dives are fairly deap. insurence is about 130nis/ year (thats about 30$us), and it's required by law.
Dive conditions in Eilat are probably among the easiest in the world. there is rearly any current to talk about, nearly no waves. visibility is typiclally 20m or better. Tide is not an issue. water temprature is decent, and you will need a shorty in summer and a 5mm in winter (or a tad bit more if you tend to get cold). nearly all dives are done from the shore - you can easily get to 30m depth in an easy shore dive. Most of us "natives" dive independently - we just grab a tank, couple up and hit the water, with no need for a guide or boat. If you dive with Isealies, you will probably dive this way.

(Some) dive gear is fairly cheap here - you can get a Suunto Vyper for about 1550 nis (after some decent haggling, but stull:)) - that's about 344$us. not bad for a LDS. If you need gear, this may be a good chace to get it (but you really should ask someone who knows there to shop and what the real prices are.)

and enjpy your stay here!

Jai Bar:
Yoke is the standard system in Israel. If you have a DIN first stage, perhaps some clubs may lend you an adapter, but better get one in advance.

Natania is not the best place to dive. You won't find more than sand and a few rocks here and there (BTW, I grew up in this town :) ).

If I were bringing a regulator to Israel, which brands are common and serviced there?

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom