"Scuba fabric" ... evidently, it's a 'thing'!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As I was scrolling through Facebook I saw an ad for a cute jacket at Boston Proper, referred to as "Off the Shoulder Scuba Double Breasted Jacket" and it didn't look 'dive ready' in any way. So I started googling. Folks, they are now selling 1.5 mil neoprene as a fabric to make clothes out of!! I kid you not! And not just in black!! Who knew we've been fashion-forward for a long time??? :wink:

Kim Kardashian has worn a triathlon wetsuit casually sometime in the past, neoprene in fashion isn't too much of a new thing I believe.

I guess the designers have never been topside in a wet neoprene suit on a chilly, windy day.
Not to mention the... "aroma" after having worn it a couple days in hot weather.

Kim Kardashian has worn a triathlon wetsuit casually sometime in the past, neoprene in fashion isn't too much of a new thing I believe.

Now that you mentions it, I remember seeing that. I just don't think of neoprene that way. :)

I don't think you are supposed to pee in this sort of suit!
You don't have to pee in it. A few days' supply of stale sweat should be enough to give a noticeable aroma.

I've rented a "scuba" material dress from Rent the Runway before. It was a super thin neoprene that had laser cut outs on the shoulders and arms. It was kind of like having an entire dress made of shapewear. So, needless to say I looked great it in. :)

Don't know if I'd want to own something like that, but it was fun for an event.

I've rented a "scuba" material dress from Rent the Runway before. It was a super thin neoprene that had laser cut outs on the shoulders and arms. It was kind of like having an entire dress made of shapewear. So, needless to say I looked great it in. :)

Don't know if I'd want to own something like that, but it was fun for an event.
Pictures or it didn't happen...

I actually have a pair of 1mm capri pants that I use for the treadmill. it is great for keeping things where they need to be. no bouncy butt or thighs :p

Reactions: Xta
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom