Scuba Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nouny

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply I received but I hope that we respond to each other in a proper manner , since no qestion is stupid. I have stated in the beginning of my letter that I am new in this field. I am perpating a study about diving so I thought that asking professionals will be of help but in a good manner. To continue my so called stupid question what is the difference between diving and scuba diving. Is taking the breathing appratus is scuba while free diving is not scuba

Thanks

your post again. ZMAN was not saying that your question was stupid-acutally the opposite. He was trying to tell you that you may ask any question on this board, no matter how trivial or ridiculous YOU may believe it is. You stated your "ignorance" in the question, and he was trying to answer it as simply as possible, I believe.

You didn't mention FREE diving in your first post, only diving. Free diving uses no SCUBA equipment, only mask and fins. It's a breathhold dive from the surface ie you take a breath at the surface, dive down, and come back up when you're out of air.

Nouny,

First let me welcome you to the board. I am assuming that you are not in the US and forgive me if I am wrong. As we have members from all over the world, we sometimes use words or phrases that mean different things in different parts of the world. The phrase "there are no stupid questions" is a phrase many of us use to indicate that all questions, no matter how simple, complex or unusal are welcome and will be treated with respect. I am positive that was the manner in which the phrase was used. This board, unlike many others, demands a high standard of it's members and I think I can say without reservation, that none of us will tolerate rude post. Differences of opinion are fine, they just have to be civil. I hope you question got answered to your satisfaction , if not we will try to help and again, welcome to the board.

Nouny
Welcome to the board I hope that you find that you can ask almost anything here and get a lot of really good fed back. Do not forget to ask your questions.

Shane.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom