Scuba Diving Watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prochrono

New
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I am an MBA student working on consulting project with an international market research group. I have a 10 minute survey designed to examine the luxury watch market and the relative strengths of its players. If you have time, please click the link below. This isn't spam or anything like that. This is also more than some class project since the venture capitalist funding this project will be making real decision based on its findings. Thanks for your time.

KP

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=230085

Prochrono:
Hey Everybody,

I am an MBA student working on consulting project with an international market research group. I have a 10 minute survey designed to examine the luxury watch market and the relative strengths of its players. If you have time, please click the link below. This isn't spam or anything like that. This is also more than some class project since the venture capitalist funding this project will be making real decision based on its findings. Thanks for your time.

KP

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=230085

Here's a hint. These aren't dive watches. They are expensive toy watches which happen to be waterproof.

Real dive watches that show depth and do some log features are made by Casio or Citizen ($400). Then there are computers that are built into things that look like watches. (Suunto, etc @ $800+)

Real dive watches may be made by Luminox or even by Swatch (The SCUBA Line) but all they do is tell time, and you can do that with your SPG, since bottom timers are as archaic as the word itself is to the recreational diver.

If I wanted to look like a real SCUBA diver to the unknowing, I would buy a fake Rolex or get one of these:

http://www.russiansouvenirs.com/web/watch/w25.htm

This is a real he-man, hondo diver, Mike Nelson watch. No sissies, no girly-men. 260 grams of ditchable weight.

Wear one of these to your next dive club meeting. Command respect!

RoatanMan:
Here's a hint. These aren't dive watches. They are expensive toy watches which happen to be waterproof.

water restistant, meaning they'll probably fog up in the shower.

I have to agree with the previouse two comments. I really didn't like any of the watches presented. BTW, I have a Luminox dive watch.

I agree, I don't like any of the watches. I have a Citizen Eco-Drive (non-diving), I think it was around $400-500, I love it and would personally never pay any more than that for a watch. My old Sherwood Source computer tells me how long I've been down on a dive, I don't see the need to know what time it is underwater. That being said, I do like the Citizen Eco-Drive diving watches, if I were looking to purchase a new watch.

Back
Top Bottom