For Sale SCUBA DIVING RESORT FOR SALE, ROATAN ISLAND, CLOSED 7 YEARS AGO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divelike im 20

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I HAVE A 16 UNIT DIVE RESORT ON ROATAN ISLAND. CLOSED LAST 7 PUS YEARS FROM LACK OF INTEREST IN WORKING FROM THE OWNER. NOW WISH TO SELL IT. COULD REOPEN, NEEDS ABOUT $2500 IN PAIND AND A LITTLE TLC. 1.2 ACRES OCEANFRONT. WITH 235 FEET CRYSTAL. CLEAR WATER or YOU COULD DO A TEAR DOWN AND USE THE LAND TO BUILD CONDO'S
PRICE $859,000 CASH NO TERMS. DETAILS Condo Acreage For Sale in Bay Islands, Roatan Island, Honduras: $859,000 16 Unit Dive Resort, Or Tear Down Or Best Offer - Viviun

EMAIL ME OAKBAYRESORT@YAHOO.COM

I have had tons of lookie loos who waist my time and don't have a penny to their name. I'm happy to answer questions of qualified buyers. If you have cash in the bank and are able to come see the property than ask me anything you want. If your just a dreamer and you could never afford this property then please don't waist my time. Sorry to be so forward about all this but I'm looking to sell and not talk to "unqualified buyers"!!!!!!!!!!!

-loo

It blows my mind that someone who hasn't mastered third grade grammar can own a million dollar resort.

English is probably their second language?

English is probably their second language?
I guess that could be. The ad says they are an American citizen living in Roatan, so I assumed English.

-loo

It blows my mind that someone who hasn't mastered third grade grammar can own a million dollar resort.

K...

Give me two minuets...or don't waist my time...ha...

Owned...maybe...managed successfully...not so much...lots of those...and you don't have to go as far as Roatan...

If it was a Condo Developer's dream...it wouldn't be advertised on SB...

Best...

W...

There is an excellent ScubaBoard review from 15 years ago on the property in question here:
Oak Bay Resort -- Roatan

Another very good one from someone who knows the area very well (and wouldn’t recommend it to tourists.. because there is a reason that it closed seven years ago, after all, and that reason is NOT because it was making money) here:
Oak Bay Resort Roatan

From the sound of it, it seems like you could probably save about $800,000 by buying a plot of land 10 minutes closer, bulldozing it to remove the trees, and building the exact same set up they had. Given the price of land there, I can’t figure out where the asking price came from. 120k, *maybe*. 7x that? Don’t “waist” my time!

Here are some highlights: “Meals are served buffet style in the "dining hall" which adjoins the "dive shop" (I use these terms somewhat loosely)... consists of several picnic tables, a TV (with cable and some American channels/programming), VCR, more floor fans, a fridge with sodas, and that's about it.... the insides of the rooms are unfinished“

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom