Scuba diving last week of April - need suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caolino

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
I have 1 week of vacation end of April and I'd like to dive ( no cruise or live board since my wife doesn't dive ).
I've been in Maldives 3 times and since it's fantastic I thinking to go again. I like warm water and big fish. I'm from italy so this just be considered
for 1 week of vacation.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks
Gio

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

I can suggest Phuket as the water temp is around 29 degrees and the viz at this time of year can be 20 meters on a bad day upto 40+. Although nearing the end of "high season" we dive here all year round. Last year we still had the Manta's and whale sharks well into May. The local divesites will give you Black tips, leopard Sharks, turtles, Marble and Eagle rays. There are barracuda, sting ray, large tuna plus 100s more. This year there have been Orcas in the Similans and Minki whales here off phuket. The weather is still good but you may have a bit of rain during the night. The diving here is done off large boats so if your wife wanted to go and relax or snorkel, stay on the sun deck or in the air conditioned cabin then there is plenty of space. There are several locations that are worth going too so you will get at least 3 or 4 days diving in different locations. Diving. Its worth checking out as I prefer this time of year as there are less people so the fish are less spooked. There are also plenty of good resturants on the many beach fronts for you both to enjoy in the evenings.
:crafty:

Up

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom