Trip Report Scuba Diving in Roatán, Honduras - March 2019 (4K)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EvilOtter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Our most recent trip to Roatán was extremely special as we were joined by close friends from Canada, several of whom enjoyed open water scuba diving for the first time. We logged ten dives at sites that included Cemetery Wall, Elbow, Shark Bait Shallow, Missing Link/Menagerie, French Cay Cut and the Barefoot Palapa.

We also enjoyed a dive at our very own site, named D2T after the divers in our family (Doug, Deb and Téa). The site is halfway between Lita's Hole and Shark Bait Shallow at the entrance to the Mahoghany Bay inside channel. Thanks to Nick at the Roatán Marine Park for hooking us up.

A special thanks to Ron, Vance and Captain Angel from Barefoot Divers for helping to make this one of our most memorable trips ever!

All underwater video was shot on a Panasonic LX100 in an Ikelite housing and all topwater video was shot on a GoPro Hero 7 Black.

You guys go there a lot. Nice video. I will be there in June and really looking forward to the trip

Thanks aviator8. We have a condo in Brick Bay and usually go down three times per year. We'll spend more time there once we retire.

June is a great time to go Roatán. It's crazy hot but much less busy. Summer diving is also fantastic. I hope you have an amazing trip!

Thanks aviator8. We have a condo in Brick Bay and usually go down three times per year. We'll spend more time there once we retire.

June is a great time to go Roatán. It's crazy hot but much less busy. Summer diving is also fantastic. I hope you have an amazing trip!
Yeah it will be hot I'm sure, but hey I'll be in the water. I'm staying at Camp Bay and diving with Pangea which I think you guys did once and liked.

Holy cow! I guess it goes to show, a good photog can do it with any camera. I wish I could captures shots like that with my hero7. Alas, I don't seem to have it in me.

Amazing video!

Yeah it will be hot I'm sure, but hey I'll be in the water. I'm staying at Camp Bay and diving with Pangea which I think you guys did once and liked.

Yes, we did a Pigeon Cay/Morat Wall excursion with Pangea last year and it was amazing. Chrissie and Brian are great people and they run a first class, boutique dive op. We have wanted to do more diving with them but they are always full up with guests every time we go back.

You will love Camp Bay too. The beach is very beautiful and the whole area is super quiet. You are also right beside our favourite restaurant - La Sirena. We love hanging out with Jimmy and JJ and drinking the best ron punch on the island!

Amazing video!

Thank you very much kelemvor! I am glad that you enjoyed it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom