Scuba Diving Cat and Dog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

animal cruelity

I'm sorry.. I guess I can see why you would say that but I dissagree almost 100%.. I think animal cruelity is wrong but that at least in my eyes isnt.. To me animal cruelity would be if he was holding his cat underwater without any air and making it hold its breath.. but it seems to me that the cat and dog actually enjoy doing it.. and if they didnt they could always run, or claw or bite or try to swim to the top... I might agree with you more if it hadnt showen the dog and cat swimming alone (because it could look as if the cat is scared stiff)... but I dont know.. what does everyone else think?

The dog looked like he was having fun. The cat looked a little more neutral but then cats usually look a lot more reserved than dogs.

I do agree that if the cat were not a happy camper, it would be all teeth and claws. Plus it was sitting calmly in a tub later in the clip so it apparently likes water.

The real questions are could a cat or dog dive off a dive boat without a C-card and would a cat or dog count as your dive buddy?

Monkeys shot into space in the 50s did not bite or scratch either, Why? Because they didnt know they were off on a one way trip.

How do you teach a pet to clear its ears? How do you know if your pet is having equalizing problems? How do you tell your pet not to hold its breath ( normal reflex for most animals when submerged) ? Besides I looked on google and could not find any dive tables for cats.

This performance was stickly for the enjoyment of the owner, not the pet.

I saw this video and was floored by it. I tried showing it to my cats, but they kept looking out the window at the birds. I tried easing them into the pool and just swimming with me a little.
It didn't go very well at all. Hats off to that guy.

Fish_Whisperer:
Air sharing could be kind of gross. I'm as much of an animal lover as the next person, but ewwwww.....

Besides, I wouldn't want any of their surface interval snacks. Mouse roll-ups, Milk Bone bars, etc. *shudder*

I share Bandit's snacks all the time! They are pretty much cookies without much sugar, not bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom