Scuba Diving Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBabe22

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are there any good books about scuba diving out there that people would recommend? I've already read 2 about the Andrea Doria and would love to find some others!
Thanks!
Elena

ScubaBabe22:
Are there any good books about scuba diving out there that people would recommend? I've already read 2 about the Andrea Doria and would love to find some others!
Thanks!
Elena
The Last Dive
Shadow Divers
E.

Hell Diver's Rodeo
Neutral Buoyancy
Down Time
Doing it Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving (Evn if you're not going DIR, some good stuff in there)

Kevin McMurray's Dark Descent about the Empress of Ireland is interesting too, but not as good as Deep Descent. Gary Gentile's books are interesting, he digresses a lot, seems to write down whatever he is thinking.....goes off on tangents, but it sure is fun to read sometimes. I wonder what it would be like to talk to Gentile? Does he talk like he writes?

I have read Jacque Cousteau's book titled "The Silent World" once already and have just made another trip to the local library and borrowed it once again.
Good stories regarding Helmet Diving and interesting reading of how Scuba diving and the (Aqua Lung) were developed virtually under the noses of the Germans in occupied France.
Those guys were adventurers and pioneers by any definition of the word, and this book is one that anyone who dives can find something of interest in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom