scuba diver survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adamb

Reaction score
Dear Scuba Diver:

I need your help. I am writing to ask you to participate in a anonymous research survey. This survey looks at scuba diving practices and any injuries that result from diving. I am an Emergency Medicine resident and an avid dive enthusiast, I am conducting research into dive related injuries and diver safety, and asking scuba divers from the United States to respond. This short survey is administered through the Internet and will take about 10 minutes of your time.

This project was approved by the Institutional Review Board (the committee that oversees research at this institution) at the Resurrection Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. If you are willing to help with this study, please complete the questionnaire via the link below and return it as directed. One option (unlinked to responses) at the end of the survey provides space for an email address entry for notification of results if you would like a copy.

Thanks and safe diving! This survey automatically ends on 9/30/05

Adam Beckett, DO
docadzz312003@yahoo.com

Link to the survey:

https://fs6.formsite.com/RMCEMRP/form298218861/secure_index.html

Question #16 on your survey seems odd. It asks "Do you use Nitrous Oxide?"

I assume you mean nitrox, which is an oxygen/nitrogen blend used by divers. Nitrous Oxide is anesthetic gas used by dentists... not a good idea for diving. I do use nitrox, but since that isn't what you asked, I'll answer no.

i noticed the same thing when i filled it out.

i assumed he meant Nitrox, but i guess it's good to ask :wink:

Back
Top Bottom