scuba diver body found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What were the fisherman using for bait to catch an old dead diver. Who were the last missing divers in that dive area.

What were the fisherman using for bait to catch an old dead diver. Who were the last missing divers in that dive area.

My interpretation of the article is that it probably wasn't a matter of bait so much as the body was probably snagged/entangled when the trap was hauled (or maybe they simply ran across the body in the course of crabbing). I've had similar experiences when hauling anchor (although thankfully not with human remains).

Text of above-linked article for future reference:

Decomposing scuba diver body found in North Vancouver
The Canadian Press
Posted: Oct 23, 2011 4:26 PM PT
Last Updated: Oct 23, 2011 4:23 PM PT

RCMP are investigating after a decomposing body wearing a wetsuit and scuba gear was found in waters near a North Vancouver park.

RCMP Cpl. Richard De Jong said two fishermen came across the body Sunday morning while pulling up a crab trap in the Burrard Inlet.

He says it's evident the body has been there for some time and police couldn't immediately identify if it was a man or a woman.

The fishermen removed the body and called police, who sent in a dive team to scour for more clues under the surface.

The B.C. Coroner has been called.

Blue a bit of a joke on the news casting, I'm in thought how did they bring it up. I also think that there is a timeline of latest diviers in that are missing. DNA will solve.

When I say interesting it is not in the death mongering tone. Merely, I am sure a search had been done for this diver at some point and to be found quite a bit later ( based upon condition at time of finding, as reported ) by fishermen is interesting. How close to site of last sighting etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I say interesting it is not in the death mongering tone. Merely, I am sure a search had been done for this diver at some point and to be found quite a bit later ( based upon condition at time of finding, as reported ) by fishermen is interesting. How close to site of last sighting etc...

In our area we seem to constantly find feet washing up on shore (currents) and it annoys me when it becomes a spectacle instead of a tragedy (recent case involved a suicide). Anyway I understand now what you meant...

Last edited by a moderator:
it annoys me when it becomes a spectacle instead of a tragedy .

It annoys me when someone turns a spectacle into a tragedy.

It will be interesting to find out who they found.

There are seven billion people on the planet who are in a constant state of coming and going. It's a tragedy to the family and close personal friends but interesting to me.

I seem to remember a story of some divers finding a body sitting on a ledge deep on the Cut at Whitecliffe but when they returned for recovery, it was gone. I think that was a long time ago though.

Here it is: http://www.h2omadness.com/dive_of_dives.php The divers name was Dave and he went missing in 1996.

Back
Top Bottom