scuba.com went above and beyond (wetsuit issues)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a notorious bargain hunter and like many, I like to save $ on equipment and buying from ebay and other places like it is a good way to do just that. But sometimes there are issues with the equipment when it arrives and that's where I am reminded why I end up buying at places with a strong reputation.

Earlier this month, I bought a pinnacle 5mm wetsuit from scuba.com for my wife. When it arrived, it fit great, but I noticed there was a loose thread on the knee pad. I was hoping it was just a stray thread that would come out, but when I gave it a tug, it was clear that it was starting to unravel. It's not a critical seam and were it my own wetsuit I would probably have just tied a knot and called it a day, but it was my wife's first wetsuit and I wanted it to be perfect.

I called scuba.com the next day and let them know about it. Their policy is to take a picture of the issue and that gets forwarded to the manufacturer. The process at a minimum takes 2-3 weeks and while this is reasonable as it is a manufacturer defect, it was an issue for us as we have a trip coming up next month and this would be too close for comfort for me. When I explained that, the rep on the phone checked if they could do something about it, but they will be out of stock in this size until at least Sept 6. At this point my heart started to sink a little and I was thinking that we would have to just live with it.

To my surprise, the rep on the phone authorized us to go ahead and take the wetsuit on the trip and we would deal with the exchange afterwards. Call me impressed! I will be buying my next wetsuit from them.

Scuba.com seems to get a bad rap here sometimes, but I've had good experiences with them. It also helps that I live 5 minutes away from their shop in Irvine (they're closer to me than any other traditional LDS), so I've gone in for something or other several times now. Nice guys there, particularly Dave, Reggie, and Aaron.

Aaron was the one who helped me out, he was great. I'm happy (but not surprised) to hear that others have had good experiences too and can only hope that there are far more good experiences than bad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom