SCUBA cap for lithium glo-toob?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malpaso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if there is a SCUBA cap available for the lithium Glo-Toob? I purchased this 3pk for Glo-Toob, Push-Button, Twist on/off, Scuba GLO-CPK because the description did not specify that it fit only certain models, and it does not fit the lithium model. I have not gotten a response from Glo-Toob customer service.

I know a few years ago they were talking about releasing a scuba cap for the lithium model but am unsure if it ever eventuated. Ether way I wouldn't rely too much on the Glo-Toob they have a terrible reputation for flooding, so much so many retailers who sold them stopped doing so due to the high number of returns. Good luck with both your search and the Glo-Toob.

I got a scuba screw cap for my glo-toob lithium, as well as the push button cap, but i had a dive buddy turn it on once for me, and i think he tightened the screw cap a little to much, causing the o-ring to squish out the side and i found out later when i was cleaning my gear that it had leaked, and caused the battery to corrode and fiz into this rusty crumbly stuff that i was able to scratch out. I purchased a new battery and the glo-toob still works, but i wouldnt recommend the thing to anyone. I emailed glo-toob, but never got a response back.

Thought I would wake this one up. I use the FX for diving, did some research and found that the rotating caps for the lithium are supposed to be good for diving. I have several lithium toobs and I'll try one of them with the cap. I can see that the lithium has an o-ring. It is a magnetic switch, so it should be good. Check it, a magnet will active the light. My FX works great buy I like the ease of finding the cr123. I have a buttload of those batteries.

I do want to hear about the AAA models. There is some serious potential there. If they meet the need.

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added December 4th, 2012 at 06:39 PM ----------

And I'll hate giving up my light holder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom