Scribble Series 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NIS1169

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for a reliable setup for my sons and think the Scribble 1st and 2nd Stage would be a good starter set for them. I have two questions though and am new when it comes to servicing regulators, but want to learn and start in the next few years.

Is the service kit for the Scribble 1st Stage going to be same as the Signature 1st Stage (except for the turret o-ring, obviously)?

What does "lacking a standard HP seat" mean?

These will be used for recreational, single back mounted diving with an occasional deep dive (not below recreational depths) and Nitrox from time to time.

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

What does "lacking a standard HP seat" mean?

I don't think they meant to say that. How it should read: "Lacking a PVD coating and turret; standard HP seat, no teflon o-rings."

So it has a standard HP seat vs. the teflon coated HP poppet in the D6 Signature 1st stage.

How it should read: "Lacking a PVD coating and turret; standard HP seat, no teflon o-rings."

That makes sense, thank you!

I don't think they meant to say that. How it should read: "Lacking a PVD coating and turret; standard HP seat, no teflon o-rings."

So it has a standard HP seat vs. the teflon coated HP poppet in the D6 Signature 1st stage.
yes..thanks

I have a couple questions maybe you guys can help with. I’m a newely certified diver but I’m going to continue to evolve within the sport. I got certified in sept and I’ve done 10 dives since, l I’ve done my OW and Nitrox so far. Im working towards my advanced atm so I don’t plan to just vacation dive.
I am on a budget so I can’t just buy all my gear at once. I’ve been buying piece by piece. I know it’s not cost efficient but atm it’s just the way I have to buy my gear. I do warm water diving living in South Florida and traveling to typically warm water areas. Currently for my breathing system I have an XS scuba Altair octo and I grabbed your “BF” edition blue signature 2nd stage (currently otw and arriving Monday, thank you guys for the extremely fast shipping). My next two purchases are 1st stage and your depth gauge. So now I’m looking to purchase this scribble 1st stage as a building block for my Frankenstein rig. Ultimately I want to get the signature 1st stage. But if I hold off for that I’ll be waiting longer.
So I understand the features differences between the two models. Swivel, more ports, better coatings and design etc. But strictly talking usage wise would I as a newish diver notice the functioning difference between the two right now? Or should I just pull the trigger on the scribble to get myself into the water with my own gear as opposed to renting continually?
Does the scribble include service parts? I understand it does not include the first free service but does it include the extra parts?
Does the scribble work fine with your’s and other same design DIN to YOKE adapters? I understand the scribble has a plastic threaded DIN portion. so is that all good to go? I want to get DIN but vacation a lot south. So I wanted to be safe and have the adapter on hand.
Ultimately I plan to get another signature series 2nd as an octo and 1st so I have a complete deep six set up. I’d use the Altair and the scribble as back ups.
I guess I need a little positive reassurance as a new diver that I’m making a good choice with the scribble for now. Naturally we as humans see a cheaper priced item and assume it must not be as good in most cases.
Thanks for any and all help. Jonathan.

Does the scribble include service parts? I understand it does not include the first free service but does it include the extra parts?
Yes
Does the scribble work fine with your’s and other same design DIN to YOKE adapters?
Yes
I understand the scribble has a plastic threaded DIN portion. so is that all good to go?
The hand wheel is plastic, the threaded portion is not, it is metal.

We appreciate the order, and look forward to helping you get to the final setup :)

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the scribble in DIN fitting so I can get into the water faster with my own gear.

Postal service broke my heart today and delayed my BF blue 2nd stage till tomorrow. Booooo.

I’m kicking myself now for not purchasing it as a package from you guys as I ended up spending more money and losing out on the hose as well. Any chance you guys can drop a hose in my 1st stage box since I also ordered the BF 2nd stage a few days ago as well?

Super excited to get everything in hand and start putting it all together. Just need to top it off with your 2” spg and I’ll be good to go. Thanks again for providing great equipment for divers.

I just ordered my regulators as well! I couldn't pass up the deals and went a little overboard.:wink: I ordered three regulator sets for my sons and I as well as gloves and a dry bag. Very excited to try the new gear out!

We dive US Divers/Aqualung (which I've been doing since the mid '90s) regulators and this is the first time we've bought anything else. I love Deep6's business model and want to get into servicing my own gear as well as some more advanced diving. The Scribble's are perfect for my son's to start with (I got a Signature set for me of course) and as they grow in diving, we can get them Signature first stages.

Now I just need to find and get into a Deep 6 service clinic!

Anybody want to buy some used yet well taken care of Aqualung Cousteau first stage and Micra/Micra Adj second stage regulators? :p

Received my BF special 2nd today. Overall extremely happy with my purchase. Do the second stages normally include a first service parts kit? I didn’t receive anything with the 2nd stage itself. I know the free service is not included but what about parts?
Got my shipping notification today as well that my scribble shipped too. Hopefully that will be here by the end of the week since im in south Florida.

A couple of pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 296
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 328

Back