Screwed up. Sell or keep OMS Slipstreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My dive buddy has size 11 Rockboots. So do I. He as XL OMS Slipstreams with XL springs. I wanted a pair. I posted here a few months back while deciding whether or not to buy the fins and found some people with the same setup and sizing. Apparently XL with XL springs should work with size 11 Rockboots.

So I ordered a pair of XL with XL springs on Thursday from LP and they arrived the next day. I put them together last night and noticed they were awfully tight and difficult to put on. I assumed they would need to stretch so I took them diving today.

Dive 1: Spent 5 minutes or so just trying to get them on. Super tight. About 5 minutes into the 60 minute dive I am starting to cramp and feel uncomfortable. At 15 minutes I want to turn around but suck it up and keep going with the other 2 buddies. At 55 minutes I tell them I am bailing and they can go on without me. Getting them off was almost as hard.

Dive 2: Used my Apollo Bio-Fin Pro-C size LL with spring. I don't think I really need to ever use another fin and suppose I will just continue to use them.

Why did I purchase the OMS Slipstreams?
1) Contemplating a future DIR class
2) The OMS are lighter for travel and not very long.
3) Tired of people busting my balls for using split fins.

So I suppose I would need a pair of XXL but don't really know if I should order them and just keep these or sell this brand new set with 1 dive on it and take a loss.

Any suggestions or offers?

There seems to be a pretty good market for Slipstreams . . . Why don't you sell them at a small loss, and buy ones that fit you?

Reactions: Jax
How much?

If it's just a slightly tight fit, spray the insides with silicon spray...a common SoCal trick for the shore divers to insta-don/insta-doff fins in a flash when snug.

Otherwise, sell them.

I am with you on this one. I bought the Slipstreams, sold the slipstreams and bought Hollis. The best fin I have ever used.

The only reason I did not buy the Hollis F1 was due to the weight. I wanted lighter travel gear. I love my Apollos but wanted something lighter to travel with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom