Screw too tight to the back nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WAI SHING LUNG

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I would like to replace the shockcord screw mount of my force fin pro, I can drill out three of the screw but the other one is very tight and it cause the screw get stripped. I have used a saw to make the screw become flathead and try again but still cant hold the back nut properly. I have tried to use a locking pliers but still cant hold the back nut. Any solution? and anything can dissolve the threadlocker in between

Last edited:
Hi bob,

Thank you, i have watched it before but still cant hold the back nut with the vice grip
I can take the screw out finally. Thanks.
Bob, may i know what is the dimension of the screw in Large size, I see u replied the dimension is #10-32x5/16 in other post. Id it the same for all fin size

Hi bob,

Thank you, i have watched it before but still cant hold the back nut with the vice grip
Ok, I always pass this job onto Robert, For twenty years I dove with Jet Fins and it always seemed the straps would break at the worst time..so I made sure Force Fin straps did not fall apart that easy. Ok, I will use a needle nose plyier and slip down under the inter brass disk and bend it up wards. This helps on grabbing the inter piece..or just send them to us. Feels like a gym work out.

For twenty years I dove with Jet Fins and it always seemed the straps would break at the worst time..so I made sure Force Fin straps did not fall apart that easy...
I get a kick out of diving with folks that use Jets and have this 40 pound spring to keep the thing attached to their toes. I rib them and ask why they need such a HUGE spring they look like I'm crazy. You should see their faces when I take the bungies I use and just swing them down off of my heel, pull my fins off underwater, then simply put them back on, continue diving and not even bother to put the straps back on! Priceless!

Bob - How about using an inside piece with something on it to grip? It should not have to be that hard to replace a strap or bungee !!

Bob - How about using an inside piece with something on it to grip? It should not have to be that hard to replace a strap or bungee !!
Well, what can I say. I let Robert do the job and he is quick afer 28 years working with me. You can send them to us and we be happy to help you, no charge, just postage. Best Wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom