SCR AND CCR urgent Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evolution

Reaction score
Hi every one

Please I would like to ask couple of questions concerning the SCR and CCR:
First I would like to start with the SCR Dolphin:
I know and of course correct me if I am wrong, that the intermediate pressure of the regulator that is connected with the tank is around 16, and I cant use any other tank except the one of the machine cos the regulator has a special fitting, though I saw before some people using a small 5 liter tank and a normal din regulator and its working just fine.
My question is if I changed the regulator to a normal din reg and the tank to a normal 5 liter tank and i adjusted the intermediate pressure to 16 would work properly? And if I tested the second reg that give a free flow Nitrox mix to the lung and its giving me the normal reading like 7 to the 32% mix and 15 to the 50% mix , that means that the reg are working properly and I can dive with the machine with no problem?

The same question goes to the CCR as I know that the Intermediate pressure for the O2 regulator should be 6, and if I changed the regulator to an other one and I fixed to 6 it would be working properly?
As well I saw some one changing his reg from the old Poseidon one to Apex TX 50 and dove the machine with out adjusting the intermediate pressure to 6 and in any normal regulator the intermediate pressure is from 10 to 12 or 13 some time. So please do u have any ideas.

One more I tested his reg of the O2 and it was 12 and he is still diving it this way so do u think this would harm him or the machine, or its ok.

Do u know any forum made only for the SCR.?

Please if u don’t mined I would like the answer to be simple and clear with no complication, thanks a lot for the help.

Check your PM's

Evolution once bubbled...
Hi every one

Please I would like to ask couple of questions concerning the SCR and CCR:
First I would like to start with the SCR Dolphin:
I know and of course correct me if I am wrong, that the intermediate pressure of the regulator that is connected with the tank is around 16, and I cant use any other tank except the one of the machine cos the regulator has a special fitting, though I saw before some people using a small 5 liter tank and a normal din regulator and its working just fine.
My question is if I changed the regulator to a normal din reg and the tank to a normal 5 liter tank and i adjusted the intermediate pressure to 16 would work properly? And if I tested the second reg that give a free flow Nitrox mix to the lung and its giving me the normal reading like 7 to the 32% mix and 15 to the 50% mix , that means that the reg are working properly and I can dive with the machine with no problem?

The same question goes to the CCR as I know that the Intermediate pressure for the O2 regulator should be 6, and if I changed the regulator to an other one and I fixed to 6 it would be working properly?
As well I saw some one changing his reg from the old Poseidon one to Apex TX 50 and dove the machine with out adjusting the intermediate pressure to 6 and in any normal regulator the intermediate pressure is from 10 to 12 or 13 some time. So please do u have any ideas.

One more I tested his reg of the O2 and it was 12 and he is still diving it this way so do u think this would harm him or the machine, or its ok.

Do u know any forum made only for the SCR.?

Please if u don’t mined I would like the answer to be simple and clear with no complication, thanks a lot for the help.

I'll leave the Drager questions to the drager experts..
as for a CCR.. what ccr are you talking about??
the inspiration uses and IP of 7.5 bar. It will work at a higher pressure but the amount the unit will overshoot the target IP is increased, plus you are exceeding the manufacturer's specifications..
The HH electronics work fine with the normal operating IP range or regulators..
Most solenoids are upstream valves so the higher the IP the harder the solenoid has to work to open..

The type of regulator depends on the control electronics.. Sealed first stages like the apeks dst are not recommended with RBs like the inspiration (it works great with the hammerhead electronics) because the IP actually increases with depth. Anyone using this type of reg has to back off the surface IP to remain withing the maximum recommended range for reasonable depth dives.

BTW for drager's oxycheq www.oxycheq.com sells adapters for dragers-- I think it allows the drager fitting to work on a standared din valve..

Also on the inspiration if the IP is above about 8.5 then the battries will not have enough power to cycle the solenoid BEFORE the low battery warning sounds. Not a good situation

DO NOT MODIFY ANY REBREATHER AWAY FROM THE MANUFACTURERS SPECS UNLESS YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF DOING SO AND ARE PREPARED TO ACCEPT THE CONSEQUENCES
(and I say this despite having a site full of mods you can make to your Inspiration!!)

In this case the person you saw doesn't sound like he understands dive equipment enough to be diving a rebreather in the first place, they are not toys

I'm not even gonna ask why you want to make them.
Just make sure you know ... .

The Dräger Users group is at
http://www.smartgroups.co.uk/group/group.cfm?GID=257650

Tec Me in Germany has a myriad of adapters to and from Dräger
as do several other shops over there.
http://www.tecme.de/frame_eq1.htm
Their website is the only one that has some English on it.

I've seen dual outlets, one DIN/one Dräger, which let you
use the original Dräger first stage (and you really should
as 1st stage interstage pressure is VERY important for the
Dolphin to work) and attach a bailout to the same tank.
Don't know who makes or sells them, or if they're still available.

caveseeker7 once bubbled...
you really should as 1st stage interstage pressure is VERY important for the Dolphin to work

Thats' correct, the valves are made for a very specific IP, anything considerably different will result in bad flow rates, thus giving unpredictable ppO2 in the loop during the dive. You could try it cout, and test the flow rates using the stock Flowmeter that comes with the unit.

Besides, I may be way off here, but isn't the original first stage designed to give an IP that does not vary with depth (i.e. in 30 meters MSW it still gives 16, an not 20)? If this is the case, using a normal reg would give you changing flowrates at different depths, which is not a good thing to have in a Dolphin.

Anyway, I think you should not change the reg, but use an adaptor to DIN instead.

Just my 0.2$

Guy

Back
Top Bottom