Scout XS and XXS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu,

It seems that most manufacturers have abandoned the youth market. This topic came up many times recently, including during our annual Zeagle pre-DEMA meeting.

We are listening... and thanks for bringing it up!

We'll keep you posted.

Chad
Zeagle FL Rep

I'd like to add my 2 cents on the children's market. We are in the middle of the baby boomer years. That means lots of parents with disposable income and kids coming or already of dive age. Why did everyone dump the kids lines?

It is extremely difficult to find bcd's small enough for kids. I know of two brands Aqualung Wave JR and one by Aquatec that seem to be sized right for kids.

Zeagle used to have their Ranger JR line, which would grow with the kids. I had my eye on that for when my kids got old enough. They are old enough now, and the line is gone. Sigh!

Additional issues are that the dive shop I work for uses Zeagle. They'd really like to offer Discover Scuba to kids and do some PADI seal team classes, as well as intro classes to Boy and Girl Scouts. What's holding them back? The lack of BCD's in small enough sizes.

I think the time is right for bringing back junior BCD's!!!

You are right. There seems to be this sudden rush of people looking for a kids BC.

The problem with the Ranger Jr. was purely price point....it cost nearly as much as a real Ranger to build!!!

We are seriously considering offering the Scout and the new Escape in the XS size, as well as working on one other style of kids BC which would have a zip up front like the Zena.

I'll keep you posted!

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom