scout warranty question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tampausmc

Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased a zeagle scout for my girlfriend who is getting certified just because it seemed to be a good deal. I was wondering what they meant by it not having the normal liftime warranty, but instead having a limited warranty. What is covered with this and what is the time frame for it?

Also if anyone has any experience with this BC is it fairly good quality? I'm a huge fan of zeagle, I use all zeagle regs flathead xp and VI, envoy octos, dive a zeagle ranger (so do most people i dive with), my roommate dives a stilleto now.....so i'm confident in zeagles quality, but just wondering if i should've gotten her a better model or will this be fine for strictly rec divng with aluminum 80s.

Also since all of the weight is rear trim style weights how does this feel in the water? I've heard this helps keep you straight up at the surface, but i think i'll have her doing most of her dives underwater :)....how does this really trim out? any tendency to roll?

thanks for any help

Well, what does she think about it? I really don't think you can buy a BC for someone else. She needs to learn to dive and see what features she likes, and she needs to try BCs on to see what fits best.

I sold a Ranger after buying and using a Scout for several years. I have been very happy with it and have been considering buying another to keep as a spare...seems like every time I find something I like the manufactures replace it with something better... NOT!! Any way, love mine. It is fine for light duty and assuming she likes it, it will last for many years. The rear only weight pockets work well for me as long as I don't go over about 10-12 lbs total in them, my normal weight is 2 to 6 lbs. Anything more and I do start to turtle some. On the rare occasion when I need more weight I just put on a belt.

Damselfish:
Well, what does she think about it? I really don't think you can buy a BC for someone else. She needs to learn to dive and see what features she likes, and she needs to try BCs on to see what fits best.

she likes the fit.....she tried on the zena and didn't like the zipper and didn't like how bulky the ranger in her size was......so fit is ok....i'm wondering if anyone had any experience in the water with it.....

i know when i purchased mine i really only had "fit" to go by for the purchase. I dont' know of any places that will let you take there stuff in the water to see if you like it.

If you ever have a problem with it send it back to Zeagle, they will take care of it. What is meant by limited is like all others. If it is normal wear and tear then it isn't covered. I broke a zipper and figured that I would be paying for it. Since the BC was fairly new it was replaced for free.

The trim weight should help with..well, trim. Since it is low enough she shouldn't have a problem with rolling. Most divers think that your center of gravity from front to back with gear on is the center down the middle of your body. It's not, you have a tank on your back and it is more towards your back were the trim weights are.
Just remember to take it easy on the inflator or she MIGHT end up face first in the water.

Zeagle's LaZer is the female version of the Stilletto. Shorter torso and better fit for women.

I have well over 500+ dives on an older model Scout (35lb lift). I rarely put more than 4lb in the trim pockets and agree with herman, to not load them up with more than 10-12lbs. The new version looks good and should be great for diving AL 80's. I don't believe you will be disappointed with the quality or the performance of the BC. I am considering one for my wife as well to replace an older non weight intergrated BC.

Oooh, I LOVE my Zena!! Make sure that she adjusts it properly or it won't fit and feel right in the water. If you want a quick tutorial, let me know and I'll be happy to give it. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom