(Scotch) Whisky drinkers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to be honest, I don't think I have much Islay in my collection. It is also more difficult to even find a good Islay at a bar. Have you tride Kilchoman? How does it stand up?

What Islays are your favorites? I haven't really ventured into the Islay enough to have favorites.

PriusDrIVER:
I have to be honest, I don't think I have much Islay in my collection. It is also more difficult to even find a good Islay at a bar. Have you tride Kilchoman? How does it stand up?

What Islays are your favorites? I haven't really ventured into the Islay enough to have favorites.

Kilchoman is so recent (2005?) that I don't think its saleable. However, they are selling casks. Visit their website for more information. When I can I will try some.

I prefer Ardbeg, Lagavulin and Laphroaig. Ardbeg is the "clearest" but is an incredible peat monster. Laphroaig is almost as peaty and very smoky. Lagavulin tempers the both of them and is very nice.

Here's a picture of what I have currently available that is open. We (wife and I) recently finished a bottle of 18YO Bunnahabhain. I've had Laphroaig 10YO and CS, but I prefer the QC. Caol Ila 18 is nice. I also have drunk Bruichladdich 10. Currently unopened Islay are a Bruichladdich 15YO and Bowmore 12.

101_0138a.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom