Scooter Workshop In Monterey (Report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomx5

Contributor
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to take the 5thD scooter workshop a couple of weeks ago in Monterey and had a total blast. The workshop consisted of a very busy 2 ½ days of power point, lecture, hands on scooter preparation and maintenance, skills and some all out fun. In fact, this is the best class I’ve ever taken and the most fun I think I’ve ever had in the water. If you are looking at getting a scooter, I would highly recommend trying to take the class. I'm still working on a more thorough report but here are a couple of links to some pictures and a video you can download till I can finish up the report.

Enjoy,

Pictures

Streaming Video

33 Meg Downloadable Video

I'd say it looks like you had a good time.

On a quasi-serious note - Is there a "DIR preferred" scooter? I'm just thinking out loud. I've never seen what requirements exist for scooters. I would think the Gavin's would qualify (duh) but what about a Submerge or a Mako?

Or has GUE not put any thought into scooterism per se yet?

We had seven Gavins and two Makos in the class and there was no problem. I guess it depends on who you listen to (if you know what I mean). :wink: Personally, I'm looking at the Gavin and the SS. I'm really leaning more toward the SS since the prices are quality are pretty comparible, and I really don't think it makes a big difference since I'm not diving with the WKPP in this lifetime. :)

Oh yeah, geez... Heck, I've never even been to Florida. :) I was just curious to see what they had to say about them. I would never get something just because GI3 said to, but I would listen to his logic and rationale behind the decision. But on the scooter issue, I don't think I've ever seen any criteria. That's all I was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom