Scooter tow line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any way to use a tow line such as is used on SS/X-scooter/Gavin/other towbehinds, on an Apollo AV-1?

thanks

Sweet! That looks to be identical to the Apollos, so it should work.

Reason I was wondering is one of the places we're looking at for a Christmas vacation (any suggestions?) has AV-1s for rent. I'd just have to be practiced enough to slap that sucker on without them noticing.....if they cared....

Oh...wait...those are bolted on. They might not like that....but with a basic idea I can probably figure something out, given enough cave line and a big bolt snap...

I have a av-1 I just tied a 2 1/2 foot rope with a clip on the end. To the handle in the front of the scooter! works great and the dacor is now the apollo av-1
Rick L

Can you post a picture of that?

Also, I'm not very familiar with the Apollos, what is the trigger design on it (i.e., do both triggers have to be pressed?

Here it is!
I use the short hook for my game bag and the longer one to tow.
I used 1 inch webbing for this one but had a rope before.

Rick L

Looks neat. Does the scooter track straight with that?

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom