Science Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ditch-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just wanted to put something out there for diving teens. My diving daughter needed to do a Science Fair Project so she decided to do "the absorption of colour underwater" She did up a laminated rainbow of colours on a slate. We dove to 100' and she held it and I took a photo, then we repeated the same picture every ten feet to the surface. She then did the display up with all the pictures and some physics diagrams explaining what was happeneing. It was very well recieved by the judges..., and we got another diving day as a bonus

What a great idea! After having "judged" a few Science Fairs in my time this experiment was definitely on the side of new and creative ideas... I'm willing to bet this was the first time your judges saw something like this as well!

May I ask what camera and settings you used? (I presume there wasn't any color corrections set.)

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom